Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seventy Three...

I call this one 'Cattle Butts in the Tall Grass'. What do you think? After I got home from work this afternoon, I watched a little bit of the news, and then I went out to check on the cattle. All is well, but the strangest thing is that part of the electric fence is not working...and it makes no sense at all. I am not a master electrician or anything of the sort, but I should be able to figure out this solar charged two-line electric fence. Along one of the fence boundaries, the top wire is not hot (charged) but the bottom one is. Turn the corner, and both lines are hot, and they are all getting power from the same source. I checked all the connections, and just cannot figure it out. However, it does not seem to concern the cattle. I don't think they know one is hot and the other isn't...I just think they think there is no sense in tempting fate, and for all practical purposes, they would just as soon not screw with that thing that shocked the stew out of them once or twice. We will all just stand around here and eat this grass until we get full, and then we will go lay down over there and chew it all some more. The life of a cow...

Not much excitement in my world today, and that is just fine with me. This morning, my friend Greg P came by the office to gather up some things that I am donating to the Education Committee for use (give-aways) at the Realty Round-Up next week. That is the Board of REALTORS annual trade show, and it was also an opportunity for me to get some stuff out of my storage locker. A double-whammy!

After that, I had an appointment at 11AM to show a managed property for lease, and had confirmed the appointment on Tuesday. I got there about 7 minutes until 11 (okay not about, exactly 7 minutes til) and waited until 19 minutes after 11 and no prospective client. I hate being stood up, it gives me a bad attitude. I can understand it when you do not confirm the appointment, but really... So, I was very nice (highly unlike me) when I called her and inquired if something had come up or if she needed to reschedule the appointment. Of course it was her voice mail...but I do have her name and phone number. Not even the courtesy of a return phone call to apologize, or say she had emergency surgery or anything. I can only assume that she is dead, otherwise, she would have responded. We do live in such a genteel society that common courtesy is always observed. Whatever...

So, other than that, I had a meeting at the Board of REALTORS, and it was a good meeting, part of the Government Affairs area of the Board. Interesting stuff. Being a REALTOR is not just about helping folks buy and sell (lease or manage) properties...there are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes that are really interesting and I am happy to be involved with all that. Good meeting!

So, now that I have had my say about the day...remember...good deeds, be kind, make a small (but significant) change. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment