Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Five...

Okay, it is official. The Holiday Shopping Season has begun! Last week Carrie (my BP) told me the Christmas decorations had arrived at Costco. Today, I saw Leslie walking down the street with a Santa Claus hat on. Can there be any better proof? It is not every day you see Leslie out with a Santa Claus had BUT IT IS everyday that you see Leslie with his hair and make up perfectly done. At least today he was more discreet, this is a family blog fer Pete's sake! No things for this blog I am here to tell you. For those of you from outside Austin, Leslie is one of the reasons we are known as the Weird Capitol of the World (among other less sensational things). Whatever... I did ask Leslie for his permission to take his photograph, and he was MORE than accommodating, giving me the opportunity to take not just one photo but two! And after the photo-shoot he told me it was perfectly acceptable to him if I wanted to offer him a gratuity for his cooperation.

Today has been another busy but good day at the office. Lots of things to get accomplished, and that is always rewarding. I got the part for the tractor, and hopefully I will get the tractor back this weekend, if all goes well. Then I will be too tired to do all the things I wanted to get done (because I did not have access to the tractor). With the tractor being out of commission, I was all gung-ho to do stuff, but when it gets back and I have no other excuses, I will just put it all off! Whatever!

I am not one to complain about things like this usually (at least not in public) but Iam having an issue with one of our new tenants, and it seems that nothing I can do for can make that particular tenant happy. At least I am still not listening to talk radio, so I am very calm over the telephone, but it is not the easiest thing I have ever done. But we ARE ALL trying ready as hard as we can to make her a happy person. No, REALLY! It will all get better in a week or so! AND, I have tried to get the tenant to agree to go forward, and let go of the past, and just when we both agree, the past issues are brought up again. LET'S JUST GO FORWARD. I feel much better now!

Sometimes the day just ends up anti-climactic. I have been talking about the fact that DirecTV was changing our local channel line-up from the Waco-Temple-Killeen local channels to the Austin local channels. We got a letter from them on August 1st telling us that their "evaluation of the latest ZIP code update from Nielsen has determined your local channel market designation for Williamson County has changed from Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX to Austin, TX". I called them twice today to check on the change...they were 1) Not convinced that I had received a letter, 2) Not convinced that I was not receiving Austin local channels 3) Pretty clearly convinced that I was an idiot 4) Really too busy to deal with me, or 5) All of the Above... Okay, so after being on the phone with them for over an hour the second time (and making me late for my dinner), they proceeded to walk me through the process of re-configuring my satellite antenna...and I could have been getting the local AUSTIN channels since we moved here, the technicians just did not know how to configure the boxes. I am laughing...still laughing...I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

Okay, I am better now. Dinner was delicious, it consisted in part of biscuits with creme chicken and gravy on top. What could be better? How are you doing in the good deed departments? How about the 'make the planet a better place for all of us' department? Well, there is (I hope) still time. Just keep plugging away and Have Fun! I cannot wait for Fox News at 9 from Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment