Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day Two Hundred Sixty Six...

I know I have posted photos similar to this before, but I really like the way the lights reflect off the glass and the reflective tape gives you that 'trailing' kind of look. Reminds me of how I used to view life when I was much younger and not really concerned about a substances long-term effect. Jody is also appreciative of the reflective tape usage, since he has stock in 3M! As you can tell, I left for work before sun-up this morning, and this is just one of the benefits of an early start!

Okay, you are going to laugh. Not only am I in touch with my masculine AND feminine sides, I am also in touch with my chilly side. I actually put on my jacket this morning when I went out to pick up the paper. The nuclear weather station reported the low temperature (well, the temperature when I went outside) to be 63 degrees, and it was a bit humid. The perfect kind of weather for becoming ill...drastic temperature changes, rain, chill and humidity. So, since all the newscasts are reporting the H1N1 flu strains are rampant in central Texas, I have decided to take no chances. Ergo, the jacket. See, there was a point to be made, you just sometimes have to wait on it!

So, in the last twenty-four hours, we have recorded about an inch and a third of rain in the gauge, and it looks like the rain will hold-off for the next couple days. Cloudy and overcast, but no rain for a few days. I am sure it will rain tomorrow, between the hours of 11 and noon, when I am delivering my meals-on-wheels route. We shall see...

I attended two great meetings at the Board today...Professional Development and Education and Realty Round Up. The Professional Development Committee always provides us lunch, courtesy of a sponsor, and it is a really hard working committee. All the members of that committee work really hard, and there are lots of benefits to being on the committee as well. Chairman Chad does a great job, and next year's Chair will have a lot of work to do. We are getting down to the wire with the Realty Round Up committee, the event is October 7th, so there is not much more time to get everything done. Then the planning for next years event will begin, and we will do everything we can to make it bigger and better.

Okay, so now I know that everyone was wrong about the rain...when I came out of the Board of REALTORS it was raining, and continued raining. For all I know it is still raining in Austin. Jody said it rained most of the day in the country, but it was not a hard rain, just persistent, light drizzle. According to the rain gauge, we have about another quarter of an inch, and that is great. This was a good soaking drizzle and it will be great for the land. I ordered a bunch of seed today from Junction, Texas...native Texas seeds for both wildflowers (which we will use in beds and kind of along some creek areas) as well as a native grass mix (which includes some wildflowers) that I am intending to sow in the pasture areas. To do it correctly, it will take a couple years, you can only keep the cattle off so much of the land for extended periods of time. BUT, by next spring, at least part of the pasture land should have some good native Blackland Texas Grasses growing on it, and the cattle HAD DARN BETTER appreciate it! I'm just saying...

Looking for another good evening at home, and enjoying the cool weather. The prognosticators this morning were predicting the temperatures to begin increasing tomorrow, but I think they may have been off by a day or two...I do not think it will get too warm tomorrow, but I will wait and see. The last I heard this afternoon, there is still a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. BRING IT ON!

Deeds...Better Place...Kindness...Whirled Peas...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment