Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty One...

Okay, there is continuing drama on the low-pressure in the tires saga. I was headed off to work this morning, and the low-pressure light came on in the car. Just about two weeks ago, both of the front tires were low on air pressure, and all has been well since then...until this morning, of course, when I am on my way to work. So I pulled off the Interstate and found Wal-Mart with their 75 cent air service (DO NOT GET ME STARTED). Anyway, I think I was losing more air than was actually going into the tires, but I did manage to get the light on the dash to go off, so that was good. I did not use the car at all today, but when I get back in the car to go home, the low-pressure indicator was on again. SO, I went to the tire repair shop in Bartlett, because I thought that would be quicker than going to the dealer. It was quicker, but we found out I have at least one bad tire, and I am now operating on a donut...not like I have never done that before, but I have never operated a motor vehicle on a donut before. So, I plan to be at the dealer bright and early in the morning (7AM) and I will show them how the tires are not wearing evenly AGAIN! They gave me four new tires about 22,000 miles ago, and I think maybe I will be getting four new ones again. Either that or I will (perhaps) make a scene. We shall see...

Well, there is new on the NEW DOG front. It seems the dog is much older than we estimated (and the vet estimated) and it used to live in Schwertner and then was adopted by some folks that live not far from us, maybe a mile or so. So, there was a desperate call this morning from a lady and they should be stopping by the house this evening to retrieve the dog. They said they had intended to take it to the vet on Saturday, but had not expected to spend as much as we did...it is an old dog for Pete's sake! Whatever... Anyway, now they area going to come pick up the dog and start a payment plan for the money we invested in the dog...Whatever!

EDIT: Okay the dog is gone, and back with its' second set of owners. It seems to be a long story, but the bottom line is, the dog is loved and cared about, so it all has a happy ending. And our dog is happily basking in the glow of 'top-dogness'. All is right with the world.

A really busy and productive day at the office today, after a three day weekend it was not nearly as hectic as it could have been. I got in early (even after the tire-pressure fiasco) and had some quiet time to myself. I did not leave the office until it was time for me to head home, and you all know how that went. Tomorrow is another day, and then I will not be back in the office until a week from tomorrow. I am teaching on Thursday and Friday, and then going to the TAR convention in Dallas until Tuesday night. Fun, fun, fun!

Do a kind deed or at least try to BE kind to someone that you may encounter in your daily meanderings. AND try to do something that will make our world a better place. It is not really that much trouble, and it will all come back to you many times over. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment