Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty Three...

Tonight, after I got home from my class at the Board, Jody and I went to dinner at Chipotle in Georgetown. Yum! I had the soft tacos, and I was in jeopardy of getting it ALL over me, but somehow I managed to stay stain free...although it did take a multitude of napkins and an occasional wipe of condensation from my beverage container. ANYWAY, I did not get anything on my clothes, and so that was a good thing. While we were in Georgetown, I seized the opportunity to go to the Dollar Store where I purchased a couple cheap hair brushes and some assorted personal hygiene products. TMI, most likely! Also, I stopped and filled my car up with gas, and then we proceeded home. I got home in time to watch the last 20 minutes of Big Brother, which pretty much went the way I wanted it to tonight. The clincher will be Tuesday night, when we will see who wins the season. We shall see...

Today was really a great, but a really long day. I got up about 4:15 and did my usual things to get the day started. I left the house about 6:45 (or maybe earlier) but did not make it to the Board of REALTORS until about 20 minutes til 8. I really like to get to my classes EARLY so I can make sure all the AV equipment is working, and just to have time to chill out before the class begins...but I was a little hurried today, but everything worked out well. There were 14 learners in the class today (continuing tomorrow) and they are a good bunch of learners. No one in the class has been licensed for more than five years, and I like learning from those newly licensed agents myself. We can all learn something form those around us, we just have to recognize the opportunity when it presents itself. The good thing about newly licensed agents is, there are no pre-conceived notions...they are looking at this career path with fresh eyes, and they have not figured out how to get around issues or do things in a possibly incorrect way. I really like working with newly licensed agents, and watching them grow their business. Great Fun!

Tomorrow will be the last day of class for this session, and I already have some appointments for Saturday. I will work about a half day on Saturday, and then try to rest a bit before I leave for Dallas on Sunday. I will be back in the office on Wednesday.

Do a kind thing for someone, maybe even a perfect stranger...pick up something they dropped, thank them for opening the door for you, or just offer them a kind greeting. It will be appreciated by the recipient, and you will make yourself feel better about yourself for the rest of the day. And, while you are at it, see if there is not something you can do to make our world a better place. It need not be something HUGE, just some small thing that will be of benefit to all of us. And, as long as you are at it, remember to Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment