Friday, September 4, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Seven...

This Do In Honor Of Shirley! Today was he last day of work for Shirley, a very good friend mine and a trustworthy friend of all the REALTORS who are members of the Austin Board of REALTORS, whether they realize it or not. And most of them, I would venture to guess, do not even know the woman's name. But Shirley was a driving force of the Professional Development and Education Department of the Board, who, along with her colleagues (Sally the Director of the Department, Gina, Rita and Hessie) really took her role seriously and was always concerned that our membership work towards greater professionalism. She was a driving force, and her influence will be felt for years to come, and her presence will be sorely missed. The Department is not going to fall apart without her, and I know she will go on to bigger and better things, and she may even return to the Board when her immediate obligations are fulfilled. Thanks Shirley, for every thing you did for me, and for all the members of our Board.

Okee-Dokee then, today was a busy one, and it culminated with my teaching an Ethics class at the Board, and then attending a small soiree for Shirley at Sally's home. Sally is really a very gracious hostess, and her home is beautiful in north Austin. Lots of folks that I know were there, and it was really a very nice turn-out. Shirley was (I believe) very happy for the acknowledgement that she meant so much to so many, and it was all very nice.

My class at the Board was only ten people, with a good mix of experienced REALTORS, and newly licensed agents. It was a good class, I had a lot of fun, and I believe the attendees learned something. I believe they did. I did get a nice chance to visit with my friend and colleague Greg who was the monitor for the class today. With so few students, he really did not need to stay, but he very kindly fulfilled his obligation and stayed for the whole class.

Okay, so it is late, I am old, and it is almost time for me to hit the hay. Try and do a good deed for someone who is not expecting it of you, and think about what it is you could do to make our world a better place. Neither of those two things is really all that difficult. Oh, and Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment