Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Six...

This never ceases to amaze me (and it really catches my attention) when I see something like this on the interstate in the mornings. Or the afternoons for that matter. It is usually the classic double-take, and unfortunately, I guess I am getting somewhat used to it...it doesn't have the shock value it once did.

Okay we are back to that 'not enough hours in the day' kind of place. Today was really a busy day, but there was a lot of stuff that got finished, and lots of stuff that got started. Overall, life is VERY good, and I am happy to announce that I remain the luckiest person in the world!

Today was Meals-on-Wheels day, too, and I only had three clients to deliver to. I suspect one client is in the hospital, two may be out of town, and some of the others are just MIA. Clients tend to come and go, and sometimes our routes are just changed, most likely because of client demands or whatever. You never know from one week to the next how many clients you will deliver to, but I love doing it and cannot imagine not working that route every week. I suspect I may be the only person some of my clients see on the day I deliver. I also like seeing the support staff at my pick-up spot. Everyone should find a volunteer slot that works for them, and devote just a little bit of time. Together we could all make a really big difference.

Tom and I went out to one of our managed properties of Hudson Bend Road this afternoon, in anticipation of new tenants moving in next week. Tom had never been there, and he needed to see the property to get a good understanding of it. Almost 5,000 square feet, lots of different components to the house. And the property owner was there (Christine) and I really enjoy seeing her. She is very nice, very much fun and just a pleasure to work with. All is going to go very well with this property.

As I was on my way home this afternoon, I had a call from some clients that their home has a contract on it, and they want to go see a home that I had directed them to, so we made an appointment for 9 o'clock in the morning (that is as early as I can access a lock box). It may be a quick look-see because I have other appointments and a class to teach in the afternoon. It will all work out!

Tomorrow I will be teaching a class (NAR Ethics) at the Austin Board of REALTORS, and I really enjoy teaching that class, so it will be fun, and I think the learners will enjoy it was well. Afterwards, I will be attending a small get together for one of the staff at the Board (Shirley). It is her last day, she is being called to take care of her aging father, and it is something she needs to do. We will all miss her, and wish her the best of everything in the future.

You know what goes here, so go do it. What have you done while you're at it! And go have some, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment