Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty Four...

So far, since my last post last night, we have had over 9 and a half inches of rain! Twenty miles to the south of us in Georgetown, they recorded over six inches of rain (I think) and about ten miles north of us in Jarrell, they have had 15 inches of rain TODAY! Incredible. Not really sure if these are drought busters, but it is a start. I do not think there was too much water that made it into Lake Travis today or yesterday, but there is always tomorrow. We have the possibility of another six inches of rain here at the farm on Saturday, more on Sunday, and then it starts to taper off next week. Nothing is more welcome in Texas than a good rain or a new calf...and in the past week we have had both!

The rain woke me up at some point last night, but I did not think it was raining very hard, and I even thought it was tapering off. I was startled when I went out to get the newspaper, and discovered there was over two inches in the gauge. Jody said there had also been quite a show of lightning and some good claps of thunder, but I slept through all of that. It started to rain this morning before I left the house, and it rained on me until I got to Georgetown, and then it let up.

While I was teaching at the Board today, it did rain there pretty hard for about 30 minutes this afternoon, but nothing like what we got up here in the northern edge of Williamson County, and into Bell County. We are all delighted with the rain, and I just wonder how long this can go on before we start vigorously complaining about it? We are never satisfied!

The class at the Board concluded nicely this afternoon, and I learned some new things, and I hope the students learned a lot. Very good group of learners! I hope they all become successful in their chosen careers, and I look forward to working with them all in the future.

Did you do a good deed today? Well how about this? Practice random acts of kindness. Visualize whirled peas! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment