Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day Two Hundred Sixty FIve...

The creeks in the area have water in them again, and that water is actually running. It is wonderful to see the tanks holding water, and even on our property, the tanks are (not full) but looking good. This is a photo that I took on the way home this afternoon, looking 'up stream' at one of the low water crossings that has been dry most of the time we have lived here. It is hard to believe that we closed on this house and land almost a year ago, and we started moving in about a week or ten days later. Time has really passed by quickly, and it was a really good move for us both!

I woke up to just a slight sound of rain on the roof. By the time I went out to retrieve the newspaper, there was a little over a quarter-inch in the gauge. By the time I left for work, we had just a little bit over an inch. I think it has been raining on-and-off all day, so it will be really interesting to see what this 'rain event' turns out to be. We need the rain very badly, but we are turning into the Seattle of the Southwest. I AM NOT COMPLAINING, I'm just saying...

Traffic on the way to the office this morning was not terrible, it was just REALLY slow. I mean 18 miles per hour slow was a good average. I think I really only stopped dead once but it was really REALLY slow going. That was better than multi-car pile-ups, so I an glad for that.

It is supposed to be cooler for the next several days, and that will be a nice change. 99 degrees yesterday, most likely not even making it into the mid 70's today. I think I was a little bit too generous with that temperature range. I got in the car to drive home, and the weather person said the temperature (at just a little after 4 o'clock) was 65 degrees. And it is not expected to get very much (but a little bit) cooler over night. I think the low temperature tonight will stay in the 60's, but I would not be surprised if we made it down to the upper 50's. They are predicting upper 50's for the Hill Country. YOU WANNA HEAR SOMETHING CRAZY? There has been snow in Colorado the last few days, and they are saying that parts of Colorado will get about 16 inches of snow tonight. Last night while Jody and I were in the pool, we were remarking that is was, after all, almost October, and our pool days might be numbered!

Tomorrow will be a day of office work in the morning, and a couple meetings at the Board of REALTORS in the afternoon; a luncheon meeting for the Professional Development and Education Meeting, and a later Realty Round Up (our annual trade show) Meeting. Then, most likely, it will be about time for me to head home.

Even the pool has filled up again, and I was just thinking last night that the water level had gone down enough that the skimmer was finally really able to do its' job. Well, we are at that high water mark again, so we will see how long it will take the pool levels to go back down. It is better by far than having to keep adding water to it!

I hope you have enjoyed your first day of fall; it arrived at about 4:18 this afternoon, and the season has really changed. Good deed...good work...better planet...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment