Monday, September 28, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seventy One...

If any of you know me really well, you understand that I really do not talk much about myself, or my accomplishments; I kind of get embarrassed. I prefer to give than to receive...I prefer to entertain, rather than be entertained. If I were to go to a party where I don't know many people, that would be me leaning up against the wall, smoking a cigarette (okay, not really, but in the 'old' days, YES!), not talking to many folks. Usually one of the first to arrive, and almost ALWAYS the FIRST to LEAVE. I am a creature of habit, and I like my habits. Usually you can set your watch by my habits. But today, I am going to make an exception...something I am really proud of... For many years, I have sponsored many events and charitable endeavors in the Austin area, and one of those is the Empty Bowl Project. The Empty Bowl Project is always held on the Thursday before Thanksgiving, and it benefits the Capital Area Food Bank. This year, Carrie (my BP) and I decided that the company would take over the sponsorship of the Empty Bowl Project. We have donated $5,000 to the Project this year, and today was the ceremonial check presentation at the offices of the Capital Area Food Project. In this photo are Lisa, Kelly, Tom, Myself, River, Carrie and Patty, all members of the Austin REAL Pros Team, except for Kelly who is a member of the Capital Area Food Bank Staff. I will give you more information about this years Empty Bowl Project as we get it. It is a very worthwhile event, and you should all mark your calendars RIGHT NOW for the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Put it on your calendar in INK!

The commute both going and coming today was not terrible. I left REALLY EARLY to go to work, and moderately early to go home. I think traffic on the way home became really problematic, but I missed out on all of that.

When I got home, I went out to check on the cattle, and I am glad to say that all is going rather nicely, thank you very much. The cattle have stayed within the confines of the electric fenced area, and have made no indications that they are anything less than ecstatic with the arrangements. We will see how long that lasts. I was worried that they were too 'citified'. After all, they get feed, hay, grass, and a lot of attention from me. Jody said he doubted that the cattle were 'citified' but that he worried that the cattle rancher might be too 'citified' for the cattle. Whatever...

Jody took the dog in to the vet this morning for a check up, and he has an ear infection, so we are charged with putting two different kinds of goop in his ears on a daily basis. Then he has a pill to take four times a day...the pill is not too much trouble, but we were expecting big issues with the goop part, but alas, he was a strong dog-boy, and 'took his medicine' as it were. Sit! Stay! Good dog!

Red Beans and Rice for dinner tonight. Interesting discussion after a paragraph about dog ear infections and medicinal good. Whatever! It was yummy good.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a septic inspector at one of our managed properties...the day of reckoning for the septic system at that house. More interesting discussions...

Good deeds...kindnesses...small changes for the good of the planet...Have Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Bill,

    Thanks again for all of your support. Through your sponsorship, we are able to provide thousands of meals through our Kids Cafe program to feed hungry children. Thank you for your commitment to the Food Bank and the Austin Empty Bowl Project. We look forward to another successful year!

    Cheers,
    Kelly Camunez
    Community Events Manger, CAFB

    ReplyDelete