Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Eight...

WELL, guess what? We have been chosen by another dog! It just showed up last night, just as we were getting ready for bed. Details are sketchy at this time, but s/he is black, about medium sized, HAIRY (like of looks like a small version of a Great Pyrenees) and a very grey muzzle. Not a young dog. Jody took a bowl of food out to it, and it did not devour it, so it is not starving. When I got up this morning, s/he is still asleep out on the patio. I wonder what the day will bring for this old, lost and probably very confused pooch. Jody says it has a collar but no tag. I wish I knew what was in the heads of dogs, it would be really interesting, I'll bet. EDIT: Okay, s/he is a HE and we think really an it...I posted three photos on the Williamson County Animal Shelter site, and sent an e-mail, but this is a Holiday Weekend. He is old, but we think he is in pretty good health. His teeth look good, he seems a little bit arthritic. I am not sure if we have the heart to take him to the shelter where we assume his fate will be sealed. Maybe if we take him to the vet and have him checked out, and then have him groomed...maybe a cortisone shot and he will be in pretty good shape. We have not let him in the house yet, but Jody is feeding him and I am trying to make him comfortable with an old comforter for him to lay on. He is kind of a wanderer...does not really settle down too well. But he knows he will have some food and fresh water if he just stays put for a while. Jody thinks he has been on the road for a while, he has some serious matting in his hair and his paws are pretty badly matted. Maybe he will turn out to be a good boy, and live a nice long life. We shall see...

Rain Good - Rain Bad...Congratulations to those of you in the area that saw some rain last night, I know we ALL need rain desperately. Up here in the country we did not get any of that rain, BUT we have been fortunate to have been the beneficiaries of rain in the past when Austin saw none. Of course, one of our managed rental properties, a two story duplex with flat roof was having roof work done (replacing the built up layers, sort of think shingles, but this is a flat roof) and the work began on Thursday and was to have been completed on Friday. Well, I guess they did not finish, and one of the units tenants let us know that they were emptying BUCKETS of rain water from the inside of the property...a pretty good indication that the roof repair did not get completed as scheduled. AND you know there is nothing the roofers can do WHILE IT IS RAINING! This is another first for us...I did eventually speak with two representatives of the company (that had been referred to us by State Farm earlier in the year, when we were working to repair all the hail damage around Austin) and they did tell me that their insurance companies will cover the damage. I wonder if they use State Farm? We shall see how this progresses during the day. EDIT: The roofing company called and said all is good, roof challenge corrected and no internal damage to the property. We shall see, but hopefully the pager will be calm this evening if Austin gets more rain.

I have to go into Austin this morning, I have a 10 o'clock appointment with clients, and I think they might be making an offer on a piece of new construction. I have some home work to do before I go to meet them, though. It should be a lovely day for contract writing...we shall see...

As it turned out, this was a good day for contract writing. I met with my clients and they made a contract offer on a new home. Their existing home is under contract with a September 14th close, so it will be a short contingency for the developer. A very nice couple of Buyer clients, and the contract will call for about a thirty day close. We will see how the new Truth In Lending regulations affect this deal, but the developer stated they have had no issues concerning that so far...just more governmental oversight to combat those mortgage types that stresses the ESTIMATE in the 'Good Faith Estimate'. All will be fine...we have just now started the negotiations! THEN, I had a call from another agent that is submitting an offer on one of my listings, SO, I would say today was a pretty good day.

Okay, leftovers for dinner tonight, one of my favorites. I especially like a left over smorgasbord...just clean out the refrigerator and put it all on the island, and I will graze my way through it!

Hopefully tomorrow we will go off an an adventure. Last weeks issue of the Bartlett Tribune Progress (Serving Central Texas Since 1886) featured a story on a 'ghost town' not far from here. The 'town' is called The Grove, Texas, and it is about 45 miles from here, and we will be able to take some less travelled back roads to get there. We really like doing that. I will give a full report on it tomorrow.

Okay, what was your good deed for the day? Did you do anything that will make our world a better place for all of us? There is still time, especially if you start now. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment