Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Four...

OMG, it is September First already. Where have all the other days gone? Time is going by WAY too quickly. I remember when I was a little person in Southgate, Michigan, I had no concept of time, and thought a single day would never end...I also thought that when someone was shot and killed on a 'Gunsmoke' episode that they were really dead. I had no concept of television actors, and no one bothered to tell me they were just 'playing make believe'. This kind of stuff needs to be explained to little persons!

My business partner Carrie came in my office today and asked if I could fix her sunglasses because one of the lenses had come out. I tried my best but when it was obvious that I would be defeated, I took some Scotch Transparent Tape and tried to make the repair as 'transparent' as possible. I ultimately advised that perhaps she would like to visit a nearby LensCrafter for a real fix. Seems to me to be the prudent thing.

My friend Gary called and wondered if I were available for lunch, and as it just so happened I WAS available, we had a very nice lunch at ZAX Pints & Plates on Barton Springs Road. Our assistant Tom joined us for lunch, and we had a great time gossipping and making jokes and speaking unkindly (or sometimes VERY kindly) about the other patrons in the restaurant. A fun time was had by all.

Tom and I went to walk a property this morning...the tenants were to have surrendered possession of the property yesterday, and the Landlord was scheduled to move-in today. Not gonna happen. There was still LOTS of stuff in the property, and we have given the tenants until noon to get whet they want and we are hauling the rest of it off. We are going too go back for another visit around 2, and see what is left, and put a combo lock box on the property so vendors will have access. It is always something.

Sometime this afternoon, our neighbor Michael called and said there was something wrong with our tractor, and they did not think they could fix it...I needed to take it back to the dealer for warranty work On my way home, stopped over at their house to talk, and while Hubert was showing me what they had done to try and fix the tractor, he noticed a hydraulic vacuum hose that has a crack in it (or maybe just rot from the constant exposure to the sun), and so we think that is what the problem is. I will stop at the dealer tomorrow and pick up one of the hoses, and hopefully that will fix the problem. EVERYONE...keep your fingers crossed for me. Anyway, in the mean time, Michael came over and put a bale of hay in the pasture so the cattle will not starve (not that they would have starved anyway). BUT, at least that is something I don't need to worry about now!

Lemon pepper catfish for dinner, and I am stuffed! I had a late appointment, so I did not make it home until almost 7, and I am kind of tired. AND I have to watch Big Brother tonight, so there is lots of stuff to get done.

My friend Socar was advocating people being nice on her FB page today, and I cannot support that enough. Do a nice, kind or compassionate deed for someone who is not expecting it. Do some small something that will make our world a better place. It can happen if we all do just a little bit. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment