Monday, August 31, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Three...

When your day has been truly mundane, and you have no exciting photographs to post, I recommend you always go with a photo of the dog. It works every time!

Well, so far this has been a really busy day. I got up early this morning, as is usual for a Monday (or any day other than Saturday or Sunday) and got the day started. There were lots of e-mails to answer, since I expected to be at the Board of REALTORS for quite some time this morning. BUT, the meeting did not last nearly as long as I had anticipated, which does not happen frequently enough, but when it does it is just like 'finding time' and that is ALWAYS welcomed.

So I made it into the office about 10:30 and got lots of stuff done (it is the end of the month, and we are processing security deposit refunds ans things like that, and getting ready for new tenant move-ins and walking properties in anticipation of move-outs. Busy at the end of and the beginning of each month. Our emergency pager is rotated between three of us in the office, and tonight is my last night of 'pager-duty' (only somewhat different than dog-duty) and I am looking forward to not having that particular electronic leash for another sixty days!

I went to lunch with our MOST FABULOUS (he sometimes reads this) ASSISTANT Tom and we went to El Mercado (next door to the office). I should never really eat there, because I ALWAYS eat too much. I should just have a Pepsi and fill up on the chips and salsa...because after I fill up on the chips and salsa, they bring me my entree (is that a french word for a Tex-Mex meal?) and I eat that as well. I will never learn, and I guess I am too old to learn that at my advanced age.

I had a lease signing for a non-managed property this afternoon, and the Landlord (June) is a wonderful woman, and I bet she would be a lot of fun to go hang out with. But, I will refrain from that, since I would like to do some business with her again. She was referred to me by my long-time friend and another really wonderful woman, Ann. I think they are both going to hang out at Ann's condo on one of the Florida coasts. I hope they have a really good time! Have one for me while you are down there!

I will be leaving the office shortly, I have to take deposit checks to the post office so they are in toady's mail. MUST FOLLOW THE RULES, and avoid liabilities! It is really not too hard to do the right thing, it just takes practice!

Okay, the drive home was really uneventful, made and received a few phone calls from clients past and present. Can you believe tomorrow is the beginning of another month? I am ready for a Holiday (next Monday).

Ham and home made apple sauce for dinner tonight, and I am about to go jump in the pool right now. It is not (it is NEVER) too late to do something kind for someone. And, you can probably always work in something that will go a long way to make this big blue marble a better place for all of us. Think about it, and Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment