Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty Two...

I have been delivering Meals-On-Wheels about once a week (sometimes I can't sometime I deliver twice or three times a week) for eleven or twelve years now. When I first started, I delivered a central Austin route, in the general areas of Burnet Road and 45th Streets. When our offices moved further south, I changed my pick-up and delivery area to a area near South Lamar and Manchaca area. I have been delivering this route now for about three or four years, and today I happened to notice this HUGE and VERY BEAUTIFUL live oak at one of my clients. I cannot believe I never paid attention to this tree before. It is stunning, and this photo does not do justice to it. I am going to spend more time next week trying to get better photos of it. How does it go...'I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree'. True dat!

I was behind most of the day today. I had been paying attention to the clock so I could go do my Meals-on-Wheels, and when I got there, it seemed like I was one of the last ones and I am usually one of the first drivers to arrive. I told the meal manager (Mr. Stan) that it was only twenty minutes til...NOON. I thought it was twenty minutes til 11, and the rest of the day was kind of thrown off kilter because of that. I recovered though, and every thing was fine.

We had a good property management meeting in the office, and we are still being plagued with failing a/c units. There is just so much that can be done when the temperatures are continually breaking records. These units are just failing, period. We are doing the best we can to keep up, but sometimes the cure is out of our control, and in the control of the property owners, who may or may not have the money to get the problems fixed.

Where we live in the country, we are under a Stage Four water restriction. Water supplies are getting short, and we really, DESPERATELY need rain. Maybe on Tuesday, but we really need a FLOOD. That is what usually breaks our droughts.

Big Brother (I cannot believe I watch that every season) is coming on in ten minutes, so I need to get this finished so I can go and sit like a vegetable in front of the television. Whatever...

Try to do something kind for someone, and that kindness will be repaid to you many times over. See if you can't make our world a better place. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment