Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty Nine...

All-righty-then! We had some rain out in the country yesterday! Actually we had about a third of an inch, and that was really very welcome. When I was driving down IH-35, I could see the rain coming down mostly to the west of the Interstate, but when I got onto FM 979 (FM stands for Farm to Market road for you out-of-towners) it rained on me a couple times, and when I got home we had some nice accumulations in the gauge. This is a photo of what it looks like from my car when you are trying NOT to use the wipers, and trying to get a nice effect for the blog post!

This has been a busy day so far. We had our property management meeting in the morning and then at about 10:45 AM I left to go to my Meals-on-Wheels pick-up place. I really enjoy doing my routes on Thursday. Two of my clients were not home, so I had to give those meals away, and then one of the clients has had a stroke and is in the hospital, so I had three meals to give away. Sometimes that stuff just happens.

As I was on my way back to the office, I had a call from my Hawaii client (ED) who had just gotten into town and was headed to his new house. I had the keys and so I headed over to meet him (and his cat Kibble). It was fun watching the cat explore her new home. Ed will not have his furniture delivered from Hawaii until OCTOBER because the ship is going into dry dock! What is that about? But his car should be here in about three or four weeks. I don't think folks from Hawaii think anything about time delays like that, everything has to be shipped in or out, and that is just part of life. Ms Kibbles was considered 'carry-on-baggage' so that was a good thing. She did not seem the least bit phased about not having access to a cat litter box for 12 to 15 hours. She is really cute!

So the afternoon has been kind of slow, and my goal is to leave the office around 3P.M. I have also decided to QUIT noting AMs and PMs when I post the times of things...if you think I am going to be leaving the office at 3 AM, well, you will just have to deal with that! And if you think I have appointments at 4 o'clock in the morning, well, you must not think I have any life at all. I'm just saying...

The drive home was nice, although I did take a route that is about 10 miles further than normal. I needed to go through Taylor to do some errands, and on the way I stopped at the Chevy dealer in Hutto. I asked them if they had any information or a waiting list for the Chevy Volt (due out in about a year from now). Their response was 'no' to both queries, but they now do have a waiting list started (with my name, phone number and e-mail address). Someone has to be the trail blazer, and it may as well be me. At least now, if anyone asks them if there has been any interest in a production electric vehicle, they can provide a positive response. We all have to do our parts!

Jody and I went to Georgetown for dinner tonight at the Monument Cafe. Sad to say, even though we give them several months after our last visit, it has still not improved. Success has ruined the Monument Cafe. Their menu explains their name...it is a 'Monument' to the past, sort of a 'Monument' to roadside diners from the 30's and 40's, where they served good food at reasonable prices. Well, no more for this Monument Cafe. It is a long story, but here are the down and dirty details. Jody ordered a Cheese Burger with onion rings. No cheese, and no onion rings...they were 'behind' in the kitchen and brought the onion rings 10 minutes after the burger was ordered. I ordered the club sandwich with sweet potato fries...I had to ask for ketchup (which they delivered to me in one of those little plastic cups). ME, the person who thinks ketchup can be used to enhance EVERYTHING. Oh, and the service was very good and cordial, a little bit stiff actually, but from the time we placed our order until the food was delivered (not complete but food), there was a 25 minute time lapse. We will wait several more months and perhaps give them another try, but they are close to being on our DELETE list. For all this (there was more but don't encourage me) Jody was given a complimentary dessert to go. The tab for the two of us (including beverages) was $25 not including tip. You decide...

Okay that is all my complaining for one day. We tried to do a kind deed for someone who did not expect it of us...in our case the waiter at the above mentioned cafe...so we did not penalize him for all the issues. Anyway, try to do a good deed for someone, and REALLY, try to do something to make our planet a better place for all of us. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment