Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twenty Three...

Okay, so nothing really that exciting happened in my life today, so I was no where that afforded a good photo opportunity, but I do remember that people are all push-overs for dogs and babies...so here is a picture of the main guy in our household, the big BEAR dog! We do not really know what his name was, we just gave him that name last December when he adopted us while we were visiting the shelter where he had sought temporary refuge. He is a great pup, most likely about 8 or 9 years old, and real pleasure to have around. Everyone likes him except the cat, and that is understood, the cat still does not like me after almost 15 years. Whatever...

Okay, I went cold-turkey on the AM talk radio scene today...I did not listen to any talk radio, not even on the XM channels, and I am very proud of myself for that accomplishment. I have to admit I had a small anxiety pang on the way into the office this morning, and my right index finger was kind of twitching right up there towards the end of the drive, but I made it...no problems, and I think I ended up much calmer than I ordinarily would have. A big shout out to Paul and Mark for giving me options for my drive into town, much appreciated. Paul says I need to investigate the audio books that are available, and I think I may actually give that a try. With my 60 minute commute each way, I should be able to go through a book or two per week...I could actually get some knowledge from this challenge.

All went pretty well in the office today, there seems to be a rash of miscommunication going on between us, a few of our tenants and a couple of our Landlords. Two tenants are calling directly to the landlords, and by-passing us completely. Outrageous claims have been made, totally contradicted by their own e-mails to us saying that issues were corrected on a timely basis and to their satisfaction. E-mail is a wonderful tool for documentation, and I approve of it very much. AND, it is all dated and time stamped, so you can follow that e-mail trail, and problem solved. Good record keeping is really important. Anyway...

I went and 'drove' a couple properties this morning, 'walked' a possible new property management account, and picked up signs from a couple other properties. I ran a couple errands on the way home this afternoon and got home just a little after 5 PM. One of the news stories on the national news was about the new electric cars being produced, and comments from folks that are currently leasing those cars. Consumers are complaining about the inconveniences associated with electric vehicles, particularly that you have to remember to plug them in (DUH). Another issue is the length of time needed to charge them from ordinary house hold electrical service. That then brought up the fact that you can outfit your property with a device that produces more electricity to the vehicle, but the manufacturers of those components are not yet ramped up for the full production that will meet the expected demand if the electric vehicle really catches on (which I hope it will). Unintended consequences are everywhere!

So...there you have it. Another day, another batch of kindnesses presented to our planet by each and every one of us. Think globally, act locally. it really has more meaning today than it did when that motto was so in vogue. What do you think you can do right now, and a very small scale, that will make our world a better place. Talk among yourselves, and then go do it! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment