Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twenty Nine...

Oh CRAP-OLA. There goes the neighborhood! I am going to sound like just another NIMBY here, but I can't help it. Off CR 972 and CR 319, just a few miles from Walburg, there is a new residential development being started, and up until today, it was nothing more than a sign on the road. Today, there is actually a foundation being prepared. That all has happened really quickly! The sign has been advertising twenty two home sites on two-acre lots, and it is really starting. Today I stopped and spoke with the lady that will be the new owner of the property. I was trying to be very positive, but I am not sure I made a great first impression. Mixed in with my congratulations for their new home, were a few things like 'we moved here to get away from development' and 'I wonder if you will be able to still see the stars' when all the houses get built? Oh well, I will apologize to her the next time I see her.

Today was a really good day at the office, with the possible exceptions of two over-bookings...I totally forgot I was supposed to have lunch with a friend, and later in the day I had another scheduling conflict, but save for those two mess-ups, it was a great day. I got into the office really early, and had great quiet time to get things done. I got several things crossed off my to-do list. SWEET!

I left the house before sun-up this morning, so traffic was really no trouble. I also worked my way north this afternoon with other appointments, so I was able to miss the really bad traffic on IH-35. Tomorrow I will need to take the truck into Austin, since I have a few errands to do that will need more space than the Prius. This will only be the second time I have taken the truck to work, and it is always a fun thing to do.

Tomorrow is also the monthly NARPM luncheon meeting, and that will be interesting. Lots of stuff going on.

Seems like I have nothing else of any interest to report, so I will close this entry. Be kind to someone, and try to have fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment