Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty...

Okay, this might be a recurring theme...the sunrise as seen from the rear view mirror of my (car/truck) on the way to work in the morning. This morning I took the truck into the office because I had some 'heavy hauling' to do, and it was indeed interesting. I was up above the masses with a good view all around. It is very much different than the view I have from my compact Hybrid. I could even see traffic up ahead for a good long way on the Interstate. I don't really think it would be my vehicle of choice for every day commuting, I am really happier with the small vehicle. I guess it is all in what you get used to.

Lots more office stuff to get accomplished today. About mid-morning I ate a donut that has been in the refrigerator at the office for about three weeks. I was really good and I don't think it had aged badly at all, but it really put me on a sugar rush, so I guess I will just chalk that up to one more thing I cannot do...right along with fried foods, raw onions, and many other things I used to take for granted. But, I guess when you think about it, sacrificing all those things is not the worst thing, and I am just glad I can understand that, if I eat something that I know is bad for me, there will be consequences to pay.

Today (after the donut) I had a NARPM luncheon meeting to attend. The guest speaker was an attorney here in Austin who spoke on Landlord Liability Issues. A very interesting discussion, and it brought home any good points that Property Managers all need to pay attention to. If you ever need to fall asleep, just get me started on property management and/or real estate liability issues in general. Very interesting to me, but BORING to other folks.

It has been another HOT day here in Austin, and we are all really getting tired of it. HVAC systems all across the area are failing. It is just too hot, and we are all finding that the attic duct work is also failing...not much sense in air conditioning the attics of properties, but that is what is happening.

I am out to leave the office for another wonderful trip home. I have maintained my boycott of AM radio and talk radio in general to be more specific, and I think I am a happier and less anxious person for having done so. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

So, enjoy yourself, try to do something nice for someone who does not expect it of you, and see if you can make the world in which we all live just a little bit better. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment