Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five...

A TALE OF TWO CITIES! This afternoon, we went into Round Rock to do some shopping...we had a $10 off coupon for Stein Mart (plus this is the tax free holiday) and I needed to go to PetCo to get some things for one of my clients...he is coming in from Hawaii on Thursday afternoon, and his cat will have been confined for eleven hours from Hawaii to Austin. So I am getting some 'kitty necessities' so the cat will be able to do 'cat things' when it is let loose in her new house. You know, a litter box, litter, cat food, food and water bowls, those kinds of things. Anyway, on the way home, we decided to go into Jarrell because we could go to the general store to pick up some 'single servings' of Blue Bell Ice Cream (mint chocolate chip for Jody and Banana Split for me). We took the 'Downtown' Jarrell exit, and I stopped at the SONTERRA TRAVEL CENTER (just a fancy new Truck Stop, think Buc-ees with a little bit less white trash) to get gas.

From there, we went on to the Jarrell General Store for the ice cream. It seems like there are two distinct parts of Jarrell now, and a lot of that has happened in the short time that we have lived in the area. On the east side of IH-35 there is the new developments with Denny's, Burger King, MacDonalds, a new Mexican Restaurant and new housing developments. On the west side of IH-35 is everything else that used to be the ONLY things in Jarrell. Progress and new stuff will not be stopped, and it is getting closer and closer to paving everything. I wonder how long until our forty four acres will be a suburb of something? I guess we will just wait and see.

So anyway...today started out slowly again, and we got up and read the paper, had coffee, and just had biscuits and fig syrup for breakfast. I went out and fed the cattle, and assessed the fence lines to see if Mr. Speckles had done any damage...I did not see anything terrible, a few broken wire extenders, but it seems like the electric fence is doing its' job. I hope so.

After that I made some tree limb props from some 2" PVC pipe that I bought yesterday. I cut the tops off on the 2" PVC tees and put them on the ends of the PVC pipe, so the open tees form kind of a cradle for the tree limbs, and using the pipe we can lift the heavy vitek limbs up and out of the way, so we can walk under them and keep them from breaking (we hope). Maybe I will take a picture of them and post it tomorrow, since I doubt that my written description is doing the trick.

After that, we both took naps and then we went into Round Rock for shopping.

Tonight I am making one of my famous egg loafs for dinner, something light and easy, since it is 106.4 degrees outside the last time I checked the nuclear weather station. Too darn hot to do much of anything!

So, remember to try and do something nice for someone, and try and remember to have fun while you are doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment