Friday, August 14, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twenty Six...

Today was the last day of my three days of classes at the Board of Realtors. I think the classes went pretty darn well, and it was a good group of learners. I really do enjoy the Instructor side of things, and it is always good to learn from others as well. I am constantly amazed at the things that I learn when I am teaching classes. Lots of recently licensed agents taking classes and having an entirely different view of the real estate business, it is really refreshing.

On the way home tonight, I actually was able to stop at Round Rock Toyota and get my car serviced...75,000 miles and it is still chugging away. I know that is not a lot of mileage to many folks, but it is to me. So, it was actually pretty darned efficient, I pulled in, was in-and-out of there within an hour, and of course the 'upsold' me a cabin air filter...but I have really been surprised that I did not need to have that changed earlier. I live off a very dusty road!

We went to Dale's Essenhaus for dinner tonight, we both had the 'Dale's Walburger with Batter Dipped Onion Rings'. Really, really good stuff. Amazingly, I am still not used to running into people we know here and there, but it is not an uncommon phenomenon. We ran into a really nice guy we know, Adam, that works for one of the vendors we use out here. He (we thought) lives in Georgetown, but maybe he lives in this area somewhere. We are always surprised when we see familiar faces here and there, because that NEVER happened when we lived in Austin. The area out here really is a 'small world'.

So, we are all ready for the weekend, and I hope you are as well. Try to provide some small kindness to someone, and especially someone who does not expect it from you. It can be as small as just a really sincere 'thank you', and I am sure it will be well received and truly appreciated. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment