Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Two Hundred Sixteen...

Okay, I have decided that recently I am leading a less than exciting life, and I am not sure how long that will last. It has gotten so bad that I have actually considered texting a vote in to the Big Brother thing (maximum of ten texts per day per person, a fee of $1.99 per text will apply, blah, blah, blah) to give a vote as to who should receive the 'special power'. I have resisted the temptation, but I do occasionally have the urge... So, today, after I attended the recap of an inspection for my out-of-town client (Ed), I stopped at Burlington Coat Factory (in the former Wal-Mart close to Highland Mall), because they usually have something besides brown, black and grey socks. So, you can buy single pairs of socks at a bargain price and browse through an entire table of socks and find the ones you want. They are not really that great, but they have a little bit of style to them. Since I have lately begun dressing more conservatively in my work routines (I now own several neck ties) I still have to have just a little bit of rebellion. I cannot completely and totally conform. Whatever...

It was a good day at work today, and much more calm than yesterday, and I got a good amount of stuff completed, and did not feel rushed or 'over-scheduled'. We did receive the negotiated purchase contract back for my client, so that was wonderful, and he is very happy. The inspection took place today, and I expect there are no issues that will not be overcome within the option period. All will be well.

I was contacted by Gina at the Austin Board of REALTORS, and I have been assigned seven new ethics or arbitration hearings between now and the end of October. That is a lot. I wonder if she remembers that I really only want to do one hearing per week. I will take a closer look at that later this evening. BUT, since there is never a good time to schedule these hearings, it is my opinion that it is better to get the scheduled and get them done. No sense in continually postponing the inevitable.

I had a few stops to make on the way home this afternoon; I needed to stop at the bank, then at the post office to get some stamps, and then to the Collector's Market to pay our booth rent. Debbie said that August is always a slow month, everyone has back-to-school on their minds, not used crap!

I am doing pretty well in my new trend to be more polite and civilized to my fellow earth-mates. I see no reason to yell, everyone is yelling these days, and it is just not a healthy situation. I think this new yelling thing became more prevalent in the last 10 or 15 years. It is just not good. NO YELLING. If you cannot make your point without raising your voice, perhaps you need a bit more education on the point you are trying to make. I'm just saying...

So, do your best to keep a civil tongue in your mouth, try to do a kind deed for someone who could use a break, and just try and be a positive force in the universe. You will like your life better (I hope) and more positive things will be returned to you. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment