Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fourteen...

The Birds! THE BIRDS! Alfred Hitchcock would have been proud! As I was getting home from the office today (after I got my hair cut, FINALLY) I saw all these cattle egrets swarming around this tree, and thought I would try to get a picture. Jody and I have seen cattle egrets absolutely (and not in the vodka sense) decimate acres of land when there are thousands of them perching (and pooping) in the trees. Obviously they have pungent poop, and the trees just end up looking like a nuclear waste land. Incredible. We have not seen nearly the number of cattle egrets here in Northern Williamson County as we did in Southern Bastrop County (where the old farm was). But today, there was a nice showing, and Jody said he saw lots of them this morning in Taylor when he went to shop at HEB. So, they are around.

I went into the office this morning to meet with my client Ed, and we presented a contract. We are now in the negotiations part of the deal, and we will either get the deal to work or not. If it is meant to happen it will happen. All I care about is what is best for my client and what his directions are to me. He made a very good offer on the property and it is now in the hands of the listing agent and the Seller.

On my way home from the office, I stopped and got my hair cut. Irene is my fabulous barber in Georgetown, and she has been my choice since we moved here last October. Can you believe it will soon be a year that we moved here? Lots has happened in that short amount of time. ANYWAY, Irene is the best. I think it is really hard to change certain things about your life, and finding a good hair person is right there at the top.

While I was in Georgetown, I stopped and filled my car up with gas, and then I went over to Dairy Queen and got Jody and I a 'spoiler' to go. We did not have a chance to go together this weekend to either Taylor or Georgetown where we usually get a 'spoiler', so I got them to go and surprised him when I got home. I am a lucky man, that is for sure. The luckiest man on earth.

Last night was my 40 year reunion for my High School class. Of course, I did not go to it (Riverview, Michigan...home of the Riverview Community High School Pirates) but it is an interesting thing to think about. Class of 1969. Lovers of sex, Drinkers of wine, We are the class of '69. Rah, rah, rah. I can still sing the fight song from the football games. I have not been back there since about 1970 or 1971, but I hope to make it sometime.

So, it is late afternoon here, and I am going to make it an early night. We are both having some time just to relax and that is a wonderful thing.

Take some time to think about who is affected by your actions. Every action you make has a reaction, and many times we forget that everything we do affects those around us that we care about most. Just take a minute to think about it, and maybe you would want to share some of your reasoning with those closest to you. I am just saying... Have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment