Friday, August 28, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty...

IT IS OFFICIAL...school is back in session. I got stopped by my first school bus loading yesterday morning. It was a great feeling, it means that fall is on the way and cooler temperatures and hopefully rain will be with us soon. Say another couple months or so... I am the eternal optimist!

I am such a lucky person, I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful life! YAY ME! Last night at about 9 o'clock my neighbor Michale called and wanted to come over and pick up my tractor, I had complained that I thought there was something wrong with the hydraulic system. The steering was acting up, and I was having troubles with the loader and the hay stake in the back...but after a little thought I deducted that maybe it needed hydraulic fluid or there was a leak in the hydraulic lines. Well, Michael and his grandfather (Hubert) came by so we all stood around on the driveway gossipping for about 15 minutes before they got down to business. I LOVE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY!

When I went out to get the paper this morning, the temperature (according to the nuclear weather station) was 70 degrees, so we opened up five windows in the house to get some fresh air. Jody said he left them open until the air conditioner finally came on about 10:30...should be cool again tonight, so maybe there will be a repeat of window opening. Always better to have fresh air.

So, this morning Michael called and said there is water in the hydraulic line, and it needs new fluid and a new filter. The water is in the system most likely from condensation, because we do not use the tractor that often. It is two years old and does not even have 50 hours on the engine, so it is definitely not OVER WORKED. So, it is nice to have knowledgeable neighbors that can repair that kind of stuff, and they are going to do a regular oil change and grease job while they are at it. How nice is that?

We had a very nice rain last night, lots of thunder and lightning and it actually woke me up. I usually do not wake up for things like that. When we lived in Memphis, I slept on the second floor and a tornado destroyed the house behind us, and I slept through it. Now that is sleeping! We ended up with another quarter inch of rain, and from all indications they got more rain than that in Austin. We really need the rain!

Busy day in the office so far, and it is not even lunch time. I got in VERY early, and that is always nice. I like being able to spend time in the office before the phones start to ring. Very productive. If I am lucky, I will be able to leave the office early again today, and get an early start on the weekend.

EDIT: Well, my early departure from the office did not happen as quickly as I wanted it to, but I did manage to get home just before 5. I made a couple stops on the way home and filled the car up with gas, so that was all productive. I am not sure if there are any chores to be done around the house this weekend, but I am confident that, between the two of us, I will find things to do and stay busy. I have three NetFlix movies to watch and some fences to fix and that will pretty much take care of the time.

I hope you have been doing kind deeds for others, and that you have been making an effort to make our world a better place. Every little bit counts, and the world can use all the help it can get. Just watch the news if you do not think the world is full of crazy people. Have a great weekend, and HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment