Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighteen...

It was a very nice easy and calm morning. The sun was coming us (as usual) and it seemed perkier than usual, so I knew we were in store for some heat. We have had the benefit of some cloud cover lately, so the temperatures have only been around 102 or 103 degrees. The last couple nights, however, the cloud cover has gone, and the moon has been VERY bright and the stars have been big and bright. The temperatures have been rising, and when I got home today, the nuclear weather station reported to be over 105 degrees. Too darn hot... I am about to start complaining about the heat again, and that is boring, but deservedly so. We need some rain! I believe they have been getting rain in north Texas, but I would not want to live in Dallas just for the precipitation!

Today was the last day of teaching classes this week. It was two good days of classes, and the learners were interested in the subjects, so that was gratifying. About 35 folks in the class, and that is a good size, big enough to get some interaction, small enough to maintain control. As Goldilocks might have said, 'just right'. When I am instructing, i become hoarse after a couple days, and my lips chap, so that is kind of stupid, but all will be better in a couple days. It is fun, and I learn a lot from the students in the class, and I think they learn a lot from the classes they are taking. I think it is very important to take classes in a class room setting, rather than on-line, I just think it is important to get the input from the other members of the class, and to learn from the experiences of the other students.

Once I got home tonight, we decided to go into Georgetown for dinner, and it was off to Soup R Salad, which is a very good spot. Crowded, though, and we got there just before the crowds hit. I am totally stuffed right now.

I am going to go pile up in my big blue chair and watch a recorded version of Big Brother. I saw the last five minutes of it when we got back from dinner, so I hope Ronnie was voted out, and I hope Jeff was chosen to receive the 'coup d'tat' (how do you spell that?), but I will go and confirm that in a couple minutes.

Do something nice for someone, and reward yourself for being a kind, generous and understanding person. You deserve it. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment