Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty One...

I have finally been able to get gasoline in my car from the Walburg Texaco (the filling station) Gas Station. We have lived here since October of last year, and finally I found them to be open for business. I stopped in to get gas, and asked them what their hours of operation were. Generally speaking, they are open Monday through Friday from (about) 8 AM until 5 PM, depending on the 'ball games'. No more details were given, none were asked for, so I think it is kind of a 'we are open unless we are not' kind of situation. Whatever...anyway, I am going to do my best to give them my patronage. I like to be a supported of the community!

This was an absolutely beautiful morning. When I went out to get the newspaper, it was positively 'pitch black' outside, no real lights anywhere around except for the stars up above, and they were glorious. There was a gentle breeze, and it was kind of cool (as cool as we can expect in August in central Texas), and as far as I could tell, I was the only living human being in the universe. I really enjoyed the trip to get the paper and back.

When I stopped to check the water usage, I discovered we had used an extraordinary amount of water yesterday, which usually means the cattle had been up to something. I went back to the first pasture and found one of the spigots was running just a little bit. I think that spigot is at a height that is convenient for cow-head-scratching...at least that is my theory. I closed the spigot, and when I got home this afternoon, all was okay, so we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Today was a good day in the office. We had a really good meeting of the Professional Development and Education committee at the Board, and there was lots of good information provided by the committee Chairman Chad. It seems that all of a sudden, everyone is getting busier than they have been in quite a while, and everyone is glad for that. We are all basically unemployed between closings, and we are all grateful for the upswing in sales, leasing and property management, whatever your niche happens to be.

I do believe that some of the students are back in town...traffic to and from the office has been somewhat more congested, and next week will be the real deciding factor...I fear the traffic and congestion will be back with a vengeance. So, I will roll with the punches, not knowing what lies ahead on the highway (since I am boycotting the radio stations that offers traffic reports). But, in my advanced years, I am really kind of appreciating blissful ignorance, and I think it may have just found a deserving home in me!

Try to do a kind deed for someone who is not expecting it of you, and see what you can do to make the world a better place for all concerned. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment