Monday, August 24, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty Six...

Okay, here is a photo of the 'tree props' I made yesterday, and tried to describe them in words, but I was not sure how that was working! Anyway, I think they do a pretty darn good job of holding up the low hanging and heavy tree limbs. Maybe I should patent something like this and sell them on info-mercials late at night on cable television. Too bad Billy Mays is no longer with us, he could sell a zillion of these things!

Speaking of cable television (or in this case satellite television), we got a notice this weekend from DirecTV that our local channel line-up is going to change on September 2nd. We had challenges with the local channels when we first moved to the country...our local channels are Waco, Temple and Killeen. So, for the last eleven months, we have kind of gotten used to the channels we have been watching, and we have gotten used to the slower pace of televised journalism that is offered there. SO FINE...now we have no choice again, and we will be watching local Austin channels as of the 2nd. We are not looking forward to the Austin 9 PM local news (If it BLEEDS, it LEADS). I guess we will get used to that again though!

The day was really a good one, I got lots of office work accomplished, and that is always a good thing. Carrie (my business partner) and I had a conference call to a woman (Jill, a friend of Carrie's) in California who is going to do some writing for us so we can finally get our new web-site launched, AND we are merging two generations of Policies and Procedures Manuals into one (hopefully) cohesive package. We are shooting to get all this accomplished in the next couple weeks. We have been procrastinating for TOO LONG on both of these projects, but I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We just hope it is not a freight train coming our way!

I had a meeting at the Board of REALTORS for Realty Round-Up...think of it as the local trade show for REALTORS and other real estate professionals. It will happen the first week of October, so we are all coming down to the wire on this one. A lot of hard work goes into these efforts, and the volunteers all really make these events possible. There is lots of good hard work going on at our local Board, and I think we do a good job.

Crab cakes for dinner tonight. I have been hungry all day, even after lunch I was still hungry. I had a pulled chicken salad for lunch, and it was okay, but I was still hungry afterwards. I am really trying to cut back some, but the spirit is weak. I have really good intentions, but, well, you know...

I also need to go out and check the cattle, make sure they are all okay. They looked like they were okay from the road this afternoon when I came home, but I will go and take a closer look. Try and do something nice for someone today, and see what you can do to make the world a better place for all of us. I know I will remember to thank you for the kindness! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment