Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twenty Eight...

There have been lots of stories in the newspaper lately about cattle rustling in Texas. I think the number of stolen cattle has increased 300% since 2007. I went out to put the feed in the feed barn this morning, and all the cattle came into the front pasture except old Mr. Speckles. I kept counting and counting, but there were only nine accounted for, and Speckles was no where to be found. He finally came around, I have no idea where he was hiding, but he found someplace...and that is not easy to hid in a large open pasture. Anyway, all are accounted for and all is well.

Today has been a wonderful day...got up late, made a famous egg-loaf for breakfast after reading the paper. I went back into Georgetown late in the morning to put a combo lock box on a property and take a sign and lock box OFF the same property. We put the combo box on because we will need vendors to get in there tomorrow to clean carpets and do a make-ready clean.

Then we (Jody was with me) went on to Tractor Supply to buy an upgraded solar fence charger for the back pasture. I was not happy with the smaller charger we had, so I upgraded to a larger one. If you want to let the cattle know they should not go further than these wires, you need to get the point across the first time! We shall see. I am pretty sure thy know what the electric fences are, but this will send a clear message to them.

When we got back, we had some lunch and we both took naps. Jody was piled up in the guest room and I piled up in my big blue chair in the den with the television on...the History Channel. Sunday afternoon is not great for television viewing, even if you do have 800 channels to pick from. That is crazy!

So, I am going to go straighten up the shed a little bit, then come in and shower, watch the news and then we are heading out to the Catfish Parlour in Georgetown for dinner. You are all welcome to come and join us (dutch) if you like...we should be there about 6:15 PM or so, and we would love to see you!

Try to make a new friend this week, and see if you cannot do something nice for an old friend as well. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment