Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty One...

Well, much to my surprise, this morning at breakfast (or maybe it was last night at dinner) I asked Jody if there was anything he wanted to get accomplished today, and he said he wanted to get the garage cleaned out and organized so I could start parking my car back in the garage. This is all in preparation of El Nino doing his thing in the fall, and the anticipated heavy rains we are expecting which would make it very inconvenient to get in and out of the car outside the garage. Anyway, as I said, I was very surprised, but went along with it. I went out into the garage and just kind of looked around with my eyes glazed over, because I really could not decide exactly where to begin. If I can just find a 'jumping in' place, I can usually do just about anything, it is just the getting started part that causes me issues.

Anyway, we worked out in the garage for a couple hours, deciding things that needed to be thrown away, things that needed to be given to charity and things that needed to be taken to our resale place to see if we can make some moo-lah off it. It really went better than we both expected, and I only got distracted a couple times; once when I thought I needed to put the trickle-charger on the riding lawnmower (it started right up, so I did not need to do that), and once when I was transferring some stuff from the garage to the big storage building (I got involved with the neighbors talking about how to save the world! Happens every time). Anyway, here are both before and after photos, so we did good. I wonder how long it will last?

Last night it was so pleasant outside, we turned off the air conditioners and opened the windows to get some fresh air in the house. I started out a little bit warm, but we had the ceiling fan on in the bedroom, and by morning I was under the covers. We did not turn the air conditioners back on until just about 3 o'clock this afternoon, so that is really good. I think we will try it again tonight, it is supposed to be even cooler tomorrow morning. It was 70 degrees when I went out to get the paper this morning, and it was very pleasant.

After we got the garage cleaned out, we took some stuff into Georgetown to the resale place, and that put us at the Dairy Queen just in time for spoilers! Our favorite lunch! On the way back, we stopped at Hubert and Pauline's to see if they wanted me to drive my tractor back home, but it is not ready yet, they had not been into town to get the filters they need, but hopefully it will be ready tomorrow. I need to move a bale of hay into the pasture for the cattle, and if my tractor is not ready, I expect they will come over with one of their tractors and move a bale for me. It is really no big deal, the cattle will not starve and I do not want to be pushy. All of our neighbors are so nice, we would all do whatever we could for each other, so, you just do what you can.

We also visited with our 'back' neighbor Alan, he is back there having a tank dug on the back side of his property, everyone has big plans for all the rain we are expecting this fall. I hope the weather forecasters have this right, or we will all be really unhappy with them.

After that it was time for naps, but I really did not fall asleep. Jody had a good nap, and he will be getting started with dinner in a little while. Probably watch a NetFlix movie tonight, and that is about it, maybe a jump in the pool. Tomorrow we are meeting friends (Michael and Lynda) for lunch at the Roaring Fork at Stonelake for brunch, and we are all looking forward to that. I REALLY like that restaurant, and they have very good food. I am not sure what the brunch menu will be like, but I am sure it will be delicious.

I am sitting here watching an adolescent male cardinal take a bath in the fountain on the front terrace, very fun! He is really having a good time!

Do something nice for someone who is not expecting it of you, and see if there is any small thing you can do to make our world a better place. We are all depending on each other to try to get this right! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment