Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty Nine...

Well, it was a back-to-work day today. Traffic was a bit of a challenge, and I should know that when I start out late, it is not going to be smooth sailing. BUT, I got to stay home a little longer, and that was okay. Today we celebrated a passel of birthdays in the office with a little luncheon at ZAX Pints & Plates on Barton Springs Road. This is a photo of Tracy, Lisa, River and Tom from our offices, all celebrating birthdays recently or in the near future! It was a lot of fun, and congratulations to all of them!

I did not really want to be rushing out of the house this morning. It was nice and cool when I went for the newspaper, about 68 degrees according to the weather prognosticators, and there was actually a little bit of a chill in the air. It was very nice, and I really enjoyed it...although there is a little bit too much humidity for opening the windows...maybe the humidity will go down soon, and we will be able to get fresh air into the house!

A beautiful day in Austin, all things considered. I will be leaving the office shortly, and getting an early start on my trip home. Time for relaxing is near!

The drive home was easy, no issues. I had one stop to make, but other than that, there were no issues. It is a wonderfully breezy day, and it is almost like a spring time day (except it is not)! When I got home, I settled down in front of the television to watch the last few minutes of Jeopardy and the news, and, as is the norm, went directly to sleep. My afternoon nap!

I am such a creature of habit, you can pretty much set your watch by what I am doing and when I am doing it. I have certain tasks which MUST be performed at a certain time, on a certain day, and that is just the way I like it. I am too old to change now.

How are your good deeds coming? Have you thought of anything you can do to make the world a better place for all of us? Try to think about these things, and let's all work on this together. Many hands can accomplish more together than separately. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment