Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty Two...

The score is now Round Rock Toyota ZERO, Lamb's Tire & Automotive Center FOUR...and Evans is 500 in the hole. AARRGHHH!!!! So, I have been having issues with my tires for a while, and when I took it to the Round Rock Toyota Dealership (A Division of the PENSKE AUTOMOTIVE GROUP) they told me it was my fault, that I had obviously driven the tire while it was flat which caused the rim of the wheel to damage the tire...even though it was only damaged on HALF of the tire. I was not happy, and there was no one to make me feel any better, so I left the dealer and went to the first tire shop I came to. They seemed to think it was an issue with the tire called 'belt edge separation'. Anyway, I am not done, but I have spent enough time with this tire trauma for a little while. Needless to say, I have four new tires and now I will feel totally safe when driving to Dallas on Sunday!

Side Note: Penske Automotive Group (the company that owns Round Rock Toyota) is the same group that is working to purchase the Saturn brand from General Motors. Does not bode well for Saturn! Just my opinion, of course! Another Side Note: My spell-check program does not recognize the word Penske, and the first suggestion they give is PENIS. How fitting...I would have shared that bit of trivia with you , but this is a family blog, so I will just have to telepathically communicate it to you...Whatever...

Even though I left the house this morning IN THE DARK so I could creep to the Toyota Dealer (running on a donut), I did not manage to get into the office until almost 10 o'clock. I have been accused (and quite often I will gladly accept the accusations) of driving like an old woman, particularly when I am texting down I-35 or making phone calls or putting the mayonnaise on a bologna sandwich. Whatever... Anyway, this morning I was driving very conservatively because the donut does not handle like a regular tire, and then after I got the new tires, it was RAINING while I was driving down the Interstate. I am not crazy about driving in the rain either, but I just figure I did not get to this advanced age by being stupid, so the rest of you can just wait!

The sun is trying to shine just a little bit now as I sit here and write this, and so far I do not even think we have broken the 80 degree mark...it is still early though. We were able to get a little bit of rain in Austin this morning, and into the late morning, but Jody says we got three drops here at the farm. There was one small puddle in the middle of one of the county roads, but that was it for the rain. There seems to be a good chance of rain in the seven-day forecast, though, and that is kind of promising.

I will be going in early again on Thursday and Friday, doing a teaching gig at the Board of REALTORS for two days, and that will be lots of fun. I really enjoy this class (I really enjoy all the classes I teach...I choose NOT TO TEACH the classes that I do not enjoy, so that is wonderful!). I am also ready to head to Dallas on Sunday for the TAR convention, that will be fun, and it will be interesting to see folks from all over the State. The NAR convention is very interesting as well, with folks from all over the country congregating to talk about real estate.

NOW, try to do a good deed, try to make the world a better place. If you do that often enough, it will make you feel like someone you might like to hang out with. What could be better than that? Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment