Sunday, April 4, 2010

2010 - Day Ninety Four...

Happy Easter Everyone! We all hope you had a wonderful day, because we certainly did! The day started out lazily, just as it should. We all had coffee and read the paper, and eventually I made one of the biggest egg loafs of my career! GIANT EGGLOAF! The morning (and most of the afternoon) was overcast and drizzly. Really overcast and drizzly. If it had been any more drizzly, it would have actually been raining. We all hung around the house until about 13:30 and then we headed off to Bartlett to the monthly auction. I was very pleased with the auction, and I intend to go back again for the next one. Nice items for auction, and reasonable prices. I had a great time. After we left the auction, Mike, Joe Mac and Carolyn and I walked around downtown Bartlett, and had a nice time. By then (about 3:30) the sun was out and it was a great afternoon.

On the way home, I pulled into the Schwertner Community Center parking lot and took a picture of this poppy. They have two very nice beds of poppies, and I am going to ask Pauline if she can save me some seeds. I think they are just beautiful! Shortly after we got home, Jetta and Collette arrived, and Jetta had never been to the house before. They stayed at the house with Joel, and the rest of us went out to the pasture to commune with the cattle. When we got back, we all sat around on the patio and talked and talked, and just had an overall nice time. Jetta and Collette left at around 5:30, and we all went in the house and Jody turned on the news.

Once the news was over, we went BACK into Bartlett, and had a wonderful dinner at the Filling Station. Very good food, and everyone was happy. Joe Mac and Mike got desserts, so I have a feeling we will be sharing those in just a little while. I will be calling it a night soon, tomorrow is a work day, and I expect it will be a busy one. I am feeling better still, but still not perfect. I have almost forgotten what it feels like to feel good. Ever feel like that? I know!

The Iris will probably really be blooming out in about another week. There are buds and blooms all over, and I think it will be a really good year.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, POPPIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment