Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Eighteen...

Today was a totally jam-packed day, full and definitely over-scheduled. It could have been worse because I had accidentally entered a meeting from 12:30 until 2 o'clock that was a mistake on my part...SO, I have a couple hours to actually pay attention to things going on in the office. My first appointment was at 7:30 this morning, and this vehicle is what I was greeted with. I have no idea who the car belongs to, but things like this are not really that extraordinary in Austin. I would have gone to the trouble of pixillating the license plate, but I firmly believe the owner most likely craves attention, so why bother. Whatever!

I then had a property on the REALTOR tour beginning at 9 o'clock. Is it any surprise that I was the first person to show up? And I was not even the coordinator of the tour. People eventually drifted in and had some breakfast, and we got underway at about 9:45. There were eight properties on the tour, and my listing was the last one. One property was deleted from the list because the agent did not show up, and another was problematic because the tenant was not cooperating; asleep and a large amount of contraband on the coffee table in the living room. Again, this is not something that should be considered extraordinary in Austin, because it is not. Maybe I am just too old...I'm just saying... On the way back to drop off my navigator to his car, we got stopped for a train, and it was a very short train, but one of the very new looking locomotives had a stenciled sign on it that said 'DO NOT HUMP'. I could not get my camera out in time for that photo. I need to know what that means, exactly, in locomotive jargon. I'm just asking...

Since I had some 'found time', I was able to have lunch with Carrie and we both got caught up on what had been going on in the office while she was out of the country. Everything is good, we are both lucky people, and we have no issues, compared to the rest of the world's population. We need to remind each other of that occasionally. At the end of the day, who cares about the small stuff. Fix what you can, avoid problems if you can, otherwise, just try to do your best!

On the way to my closing this afternoon, I took this photo of some lupines growing on the corner of Barton Springs Road and South Lamar. This corner always have a nice stand of lupines in the spring, and I really like the colors and the textures of the blooms. There may be some poppies mixed in with this batch, not sure.

My buyer client (that I met at 7:30 this morning for his final walk through) had borrowed my truck so he could move some boxes, and we did his part of the closing at 3 o'clock. He had been working all day long moving, and Lucy (the Escrow officer) was sick, so this photo of them both is really showing the best impressions of them both. I don't care what anyone says, I have their permission to publish the photo and I am going with it. Ed (my buyer client) is craving one of the new Kentucky Fried Chicken 'Double Down' sandwiches. I cannot describe the sandwich; if you want to know about it I suggest you do an Internet search, because you would not believe me if I told you. It makes my gall bladder begin to flutter just thinking about it. I actually passed a KFC this afternoon and there was an advertisement in the window, so they have arrived in Austin. Good grief!

When I got home, I found that they had indeed delivered the mulch and compost as planned; a little bit later than planned, but nonetheless delivered. Do you think we have enough? I am not sure. Home Depot had a challenge believing this was all for a single family residence, but they finally grasped the concept, and it is all stacked out there in the front. Hopefully it will not rain on Sunday, and the gardeners will return and we will be done with most of it. I hope we do not need to have more delivered. We shall see.

Tomorrow will not be as busy as today. I have an early meeting and then another meeting at 2 o'clock. Friday, I will be in a class all day long, and I will be teaching classes on Monday and Tuesday. Then I will have some time to breathe.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOSINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment