Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2010 - Day Ninety Seven...

Our friends Alison and Queen W (the names have not been changed because there are no innocents in this) who live in Montgomery County (Hi Girls!) sent me this photo that they took (I guess over the weekend) outside Brenham, Texas. I cannot believe they were that close to all the Blue Bell Ice Cream and were busy taking photos of wildflowers, BUT, you can never tell about what motivates people. I think it is a beautiful photo, and I really appreciate them sharing it with us (and you). What is it with all these parentheses? Whatever...

I can never remember if you are supposed to stuff a cold or stuff a fever. I am certainly not that interested in starving anything, so I have just made the decision that, no matter how I feel, I should feel that way while being stuffed. I am feeling better (thank you all for your concern) and I am not nearly as miserable as I have been the last few days. On my way home from Austin this afternoon, I stopped at the HEB to see if they had any of my favorite donuts (a cake donut with sour creme frosting and chocolate on top of it all), and indeed they did, although they were kind of stingy with the chocolate. I guess there are cut-backs all around us. Anyway, I got three (two for me, one for Jody) and decided to have one for dessert tonight (are you jealous Mike and Joe Mac?). Yummy, but my taste buds may be out of whack, not as good as I remembered them. Kind of like dreaming about smoking a cigarette (I quit almost 20 years ago...just not how you remembered it). Anyway, I had the donut, and that is the end of that. It was DELICIOUS!

The house is discomfortingly (spell-check says that is not a word, but I am going with it anyway)quiet. All of our company has headed for other locales, and we are here by ourselves. We miss our friends already, and can't wait until they make a return trip. The next time we have house-guests, I really need to try harder to take time off from work. I don't feel like I really had anytime to spend and visit with them, and part of that is because I was not feeling well.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning, then I am expecting to get a lot of work done in the office in the afternoon. Meals-On-Wheels delivery tomorrow, and I always look forward to that! Big Fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DONUTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment