Thursday, April 29, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Nineteen...

Okay, it was really windy today in Bartlett, Texas. HOW WINDY WAS IT? It was so windy that it knocked a good sized limb off a dead tree towards the front of the property. We were already pretty sure the tree was dead, a victim of the past two years worth of drought, but we were still going to wait and see, you never know about these things, it could have come back. Well, probably not. At least this one did not fall over on the hives, it just kind of fell over between the hives.

IT WAS SO WINDY TODAY that we are on course for another negative energy consumption day. So far, we have purchased one KWh of electricity from the grid, and we have fed back 32 KWh’s to the grid. I think that is a pretty darn good deal. Who would have ever thunk we could have energy producing structures. NOW, we just need a few (okay several) million more of them and maybe we can reduce our dependence on coal fired electric generation facilities. DO NOT EVEN get me started on off-shore drilling for oil. We are very close to a real disaster, and I am certain that by the time I wake up in the morning, the oil slick will have hit the coast of Louisiana and caused unknown quantities of damage.

Jody and I went to Georgetown for dinner tonight, Tex-Mex at El Patron. We are both of the assumption that they have massive quantities of delicious entrees, but the only thing we have ever had there is the Spinach Enchiladas. No real reason to mess with success.

I am having intermittent Internet outages, so I am drafting this post in a WORD file, and then I will copy and paste it to the blog. I am very close to missing an entry because of access issues, not because of me forgetting to post.

So, I am not going to press my luck, this is it for today.

Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, WIND, Changes, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment