Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Twelve...

This old rose bush in one of the front beds is just a riot with blooms and buds. We have lots and lots of exotic plantings around the property, courtesy of the folks we bought the house from, but there is a part of me that really likes the simplicity of the old stuff. Maybe because I am old...but I really like the fact that we have a couple antique rose bushes up closer to the road where Aunt Mary's house used to be, and lots of older plants like that. I sometimes wish that we could have some of the plants that I was familiar with when I was growing up in Michigan, like peonies and bleeding hearts, and wild violets and _____ (fill in the blank). But, this climate is just too hot, the summers are too long, and somethings just aren't meant to be.
BUT, this amaryllis that was a gift some years ago has bloomed out. We have four or five of these planted along the side of the house, kind of next to the 'creek' that is running alongside the house. Very pretty. I think there is a candy striped one out there somewhere, too, and hope it will bloom out soon.

The poor little calf has been buried, and thank goodness for Michael and Hubert and all of them for coming to my rescue. I knew it would be inevitable, but I don't know how much use I would ever have for a back hoe, so it is nice that the neighbors are amenable to doing stuff like that for us. Very happy to live out here, and I think both Jody and I are just about as happy as we can be.

It was an interesting day, deals are getting done, deals are falling apart, closings are being postponed (maybe); still not sure about that. Just another day in the life! But, at the end of the day, it is just nice to have some business to work on. It will all work out the way it is supposed to.

SO, I am not sure what my day will bring tomorrow, but I am looking forward to it. I hope you have all had a nice Earth Day!

Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, UNCERTAINTY, Changes, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment