Thursday, April 1, 2010

2010 - Day Ninety One...

Oh enemy of mine, thy name is allergy. Oh, how I lust to inhale from thy pollen. Oh how I wont for thy spores. Oh, how I forget myself and partake of thy sweetness. Oh how I forget of my past transgressions and lose myself in thy springtime bacchanal. Oh how, once lured, I lust for my Nettie-Pot. My sinus cavities cleansed of thy mucous. My throat inflamed by your post-nasal drip. My eyes swollen, puffy and red like someone caught up in unspeakable tragedy. I pen odes to the Deity they call Claritin, which scoffs at my feeble attempts to satisfy the airborne particulates lodged deep within the tissues of my very being.

Whatever...

I feel like crap! I am very seldom plagued by allergies, but this seems to be my year in the barrel. I no longer have to empathize with folks, I am with them 100% and I don't like it one little bit.

Today was not a bad day, we had our Property Management meeting this morning, and then I was off to do Meals-On-Wheels. I only had five clients today, one of them was new, and he was not there, so I ended up having to give away one of the meals. I now have three clients who live on the second floor, and this is becoming just a bit of a challenge with my gimpy knee, but I think it will be okay. No pain, no gain.

You will be inundated by photos of the Iris at the farm for a while, they are just now really beginning to bloom out. There are so many different colors and species here, some of them are just incredibly beautiful. I hope you will enjoy the photos. If not, well, control-alt-delete is about all I can say!

I had a meeting this afternoon at the Board, and then I headed home. Jody and Mike and I are going out to dinner this evening in honor of Jody's birthday. AND, I am thinking of staying home and not going into the office tomorrow. With my new IP phone, it will be just kind of like I am there, just not. Whatever!

We are having another GREAT energy generating day today. Lots of good wind and it does not look like it will slack-up for at least another day or so. Since this morning when I took the official meter reading, we have purchased 1KWh of electricity from the grid, and we have returned 17KWh to the grid. Good odds. It will be really cool if we can say three days in a road of no energy consumption. I will know for sure tomorrow morning. We may be getting rain tonight, maybe tomorrow, no one seems to really know for sure. But whenever it starts (hopefully the sooner-the-better) it is not supposed to rain on the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

Deeds, Changes, IRIS, Actions, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment