Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 - Day Ninety...

Sometimes even I am surprised at where I find beautiful things lurking. This wonderful display of spring roses was photographed as I was sitting in the drive through line at What-A-Burger. They are absolutely exquisite! Well worth sharing with all of you.

At lunch today, I drove around in my car just listening to my book on CD. It has captured me, and I am on my last CD, so I should be finished with it while I am on my way to the airport to pick up our friend Mike. Also, as long as I was out, I stopped at the 'drug store' and got some Claritin. Here is the problem...we have entirely too many choices, and I could not figure out what I needed to purchase. I ended up calling my doctor's office, and Rene said the good doctor recommended Claritin, so that was good. TOO MANY CHOICES!

I still need to stop and get gas on the way to the airport, so I will need to leave the office in a few minutes. Last night Jody and I were sitting out by the pool, and there was this airplane circling around above us. So, enjoy this photo that is kind of abstract, but still decipherable is you squint real good and use your imagination. Go for it...

Okay, home now. An unusual thing happened, Southwest Airlines was actually late arriving; I do not think that happens very often, so it is no big deal, but it is just not an ordinary occurrence. Anyway, Mike is here, and he is getting settled in. On the way home from the airport, we needed to stop at Collector's Market and drop off some things that had been in the office. After that, we stopped at a guy's house in New Corn Hill. This guy (Vince) is really amazing...he does metal sculptures, and they are pretty darn incredible. It takes him a long time to do each piece, and he is very interesting and I really enjoyed looking at his work.

Jody is busy making dinner, and it looks like we are destined for another ZERO ENERGY CONSUMPTION day. So far we have purchased 4KWh from the grid, but we have returned 17KWh since I read the meters this morning. I don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be two days in a row of zero energy usage, and that would be pretty darn cool. I have received lots of positive comments about the wind turbines today, and even the guy that makes the metal sculptures asked if we were the ones with the turbines. Word gets around. Energy conservation is an interesting thing, and I am fascinated by it.

Time for dinner!

Deeds, Changes, Actions, CONSERVATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment