Monday, March 8, 2010

2010 - Day Sixty Seven...

Well, all I can say is, I sure picked on heck-of-a-day to work from home. ALL I DID WAS WORK FROM HOME! That was not all that cool! Whatever... Anyway, I did save a couple hours of commuting time, and during that time I was actually working, so I was much more productive. I had four appointments at the house today for vendors to come and make repairs or give me bids for work. The Internet connection man arrived at about 10 o'clock, and then we were supposed to have three vendors give us bids for repairing the drive way and installing a new pad for the truck and Mule. Then we will have it covered so it will be like a carport. I am supposed to have a faster Internet connection now (twice as fast as it was), but only time will tell. This is a photo of my new 'antenna' for the faster, bigger, better, stronger, 'in touch with its' feminine side', hotter, harder, smoother, longer, sexier Internet connection. Very nice...

One of the three asphalt vendors did not arrive, one has given us a bid that is TWICE the amount of his verbal estimate, and we are waiting on the second bid. Sometimes you just can't win for losing. I have faith in the other bidder.

I got everything done for my class preparation for Wednesday and Thursday. I think they will both be good classes. One is about Seller Services and the other about Buyer Services.

Jody and I did go off to the Bartett Public Library (actually the Teinert Memorial Library) for a little while this afternoon. They actually have a small selection of books on CD's, and I plan to supplement my reading (listening) when I have nothing from my subscription service with their selections.

I got home and did more work, and finally about 4:45 I went out to look at the cattle. I have been a little bit concerned about the newest calf ever since I saw it shivering yesterday. Much to my surprise, Mr. Speckles, Minnie and the two youngest calves were all in the barn warm and dry. I have obviously not given the cattle enough credit. When I first got the cattle and was talking about getting a barn for them for shelter, I was told they would never go inside the barn. Well, from the first day, they have been hanging out in the barn, at both farms. These are no country bumpkin cows I want you to know!

The weather service is saying we are going to get high winds, rain and hail in about an hour, so I am going to wrap this up. If you never see another post from me, you will know what happened!

Done!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INTERNET SPEED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment