Monday, March 22, 2010

2010 - Day Eighty One...

Last night, we discovered that there is a lone-cookie person in the neighborhood. I really don't think you could consider this a neighborhood since there are only three houses within sight of each other. These cookies had the mark of Pauline all over them, and we did not find them until we were off to dinner. SO, I called her from the car to 'warn her' that there was someone going around leaving cookies on peoples porches. At first she thought I was serious about someone going around to the properties, but then I told her it was someone delivering cookies and she got a good laugh out of that. When we lived in the middle of the city, I very seldom can think of anyone leaving us cookies at our door. We love living in the country! I will tel you one thing though, the 'Neighborhood Watch' works a lot better here than it ever did in the city!

Off to work very early this morning, and got a good bit of stuff done before I headed off to the Board for a meeting from 11:30 til 4. It was the Board's annual Grievance and Professional Standards Training, and it was good to see all the REALTORS that are interested in doing the right thing. I know many of the folks that were in the room, and it is always nice to see all of them. It was also kind of a reunion, since it was the first time I had seen a couple of the REALTORS that had been on the cruise back during the first week of February. Very nice!

On my way home, I stopped and had my car serviced (95K miles), and took a look at the new Priuses. I wonder what the plural of a Prius is? OR, what is the possessive of a Prius? Whatever. Anyway, I cannot justify even thinking of a new Prius, I have one, it runs just fine, there is no real benefit to getting another one. I am, however, getting the itch, and Jody is ware of that! Give me strength to hold out for a Chevy Volt!

I got home and watched the last few minutes of the local news,and changed my clothes to go and check the electric fences. All was good, that is two days in a row, I am hoping for a new record! This bun-rabbit (see above) was playing statues out the front door, I was very surprised it held still while I went to get the camera and took the photo. I told Jody about it and it stayed for a long while. Usually they are very skittish, but this one obviously recognizes that we are not a threat. Okay, really, probably not. anyway, I was surprised to get the photo. This photo on the left is a far-off photo of a couple of the catte, they were all in the far back pasture, so I just wanted to take this to see how it would come out. From the furthest fence line you can see in this pictue, we have about another 15 acres, which we grow hay on for the cattle. Just FYI...

Another busy day tomorrow. Another meeting, this one begins at 1 and goes til 4, so I should get some more work done in the office in the morning. Meetings on Wednesday, showing property on Wednesday afternoon (late) and then Thursday and Friday should be somewhat more calm.

Can you say over-scheduled? When it rains it pours, and I will just work everything in. I am grateful to be busy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUN-RABBITS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment