Thursday, March 18, 2010

2010 - Day Seventy Seven...

The city is full of freaks! Most of them are carrying guitars as well. Everywhere you look there is another guitar-wielding someone in town for South by Southwest. There is not enough room in a thousand airline luggage racks to accommodate the influx of acoustic stringed devices (and not so acoustic) that have entered the area in the last week. It is crazy. Okay, so the photo of this young woman probably does not qualify as a freak, but this is a family blog, and I wanted to keep to content rated G-General Audiences.

So far, this has been a really calm day. It is a beautiful day outside, and so far there has been no trauma or hysteria in my world. BUT, the day is still young, and there is plenty of time. I got into the office really early (that is what happens when you wake up at 4AM) but I get a lot of work done during those quiet hours.

We had our PM meeting at the usual time and all that information sharing was good. This was the second PM meeting for our new office assistant Karlan, and she is doing a really good job, and is acclimating to her new position really well. After the meeting, I moved a few more boxes up to the new office, and then got involved with more information coming from and getting out to all the people involved to make our move tomorrow seamless.

And then it was time for me to deliver my Meals-On-Wheels route. The delivery guy (David) was running late this morning, so as usual Mr. Stan and Dennis and I sat around and solved the problems of the world. We were joined by two other gentlemen, one named Richard and I can't remember the other mans name. He was filling in for his wife. Richard is an interesting person, and he was full of jokes, the one I remember is "The upside to Alzheimer's is you get to meet new people every day!" I wonder if I will remember that? I had seven clients to deliver to today, one of them is a new client. Unfortunately, one of my long-term clients passed away since my last delivery date, and that is a sad reality. It is incredible how attached you can get to these clients, and after a long term relationship with these folks, they actually do become a part of your family.

When I returned to the office, I had a meeting with ADT in order to transfer our alarm service to the new office. Nothing is easy these days, everything is difficult and everything costs double. Batteries do not last as long as they used to, and automobiles are very complicated. I actually enjoy being a curmudgeon, but I am supposed to be the only curmudgeon. BAH!

I think we are going out to dinner tonight, I think we are going to Applebee's for their $5 Burger promotion. YUM! Traffic (it has been reported to me) is TERRIBLE, and much of that is attributed to the FREAKS in the city (see the first paragraph). Anyway, I have made it home, and we decided not to go to Applebee's, instead we went to Dale's Essenhaus where the Walburger and Fries were terrific. The place was packed, too. We have never seen it that crowded. BUT, the servers had everything under control, and it all turned out just fine!

FINISHED!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FREAKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment