Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 - Day Seventy Four...

It is a very nice day again in central Texas, but I have to admit, it is not as nice as yesterday. It is a bit cloudier, and not as warm. I got NO SLEEP last night...I was tired, but could not sleep. I kept looking at the clock and trying to figure out what time it REALLY was. I finally got up at 4AM (really 3AM) and left the house at 6AM (really 5AM) and, well, you get the picture... ANYWAY...this is a photo of Jody and the Big Dog as we were sitting out on the porch last night. The photo was taken at about 7:20, and as you can see, it was still plenty bright outside. Daylight savings time and the fact that it was a clear beautiful day make for sudden-out-of-synchness-in-the-body-clock-department. Anyway, as you can see from the photograph below, this is how Jody really feels about having his photo taken. Everyone that tries to take his picture says 'SMILE' and his reply is 'I AM SMILING'. He just does not like having his photo taken, and he has been in a relationship for almost 18 years with someone who takes pictures all the time. Whatever!

So far, I have been getting a lot of work done in the office and that is a good thing. At some point I will need to go and get something for lunch. FOOD! And, there are still lots of things to get completed in the 'moving-the-office-department'. More about that as the week goes along.

The day continued with accomplishments large and small. I left the office around 4 o'clock, and traffic was a little more congested than I had expected, what with some of the schools on Spring Break and all. I guess I had not taken into consideration that, for every person that is on Spring Break, there are probably three or four in town for South By Southwest. Not really that good of a trade-off.

When I got home, Jody reported that a young female cardinal had decided to consider building a nest outside the window in one of the guest bedrooms. It is not happy with its' own reflection, and continually is pecking at the window, trying to discourage that 'other bird' from being so close. So, I went out and put newspapers on the window so it would not see its' own reflection, and hopefully that will end the issue. If not, then good luck with that Joe and Carolyn. AND, the newspapers taped to the window make the place look even that more country. Next I think we need to put a Barcalounger out on the front porch, more for the effect than anything else. Comments?

We are having stuffed salmon for dinner, with more of the asparagus cut from the bed outside the garage. YUM! I am going to do my best to sleep tonight, even if I have to induce it on my own. Better living through chemistry!

Done!

Deeds, Kindnesses, Actions, Changes, CARDINALS, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment