Friday, March 19, 2010

2010 - Day Seventy Eight...

DONE! Okay, not this entry, but the office move has been completed, and now it is pretty much nothing left to do but find where everything is and get ourselves back into a rhythm of working. Incredibly, everything went off as planned, the only thing that did not happen was the ADT guy did not show up,but they called (after 5PM) and said they would be there on Monday afternoon. Here is what happened today: First, I got into the office about 7:30...did some work, paced around a while, and did some more work. Nervous Anxiety. Then I headed to the Board of REALTORS for a meeting at 9:30, which lasted until somewhere between 10:30 and 11. Then back to the office. Time Warner Cable was supposed to be there between 2 and 5, and he showed up at 10:30 (followed by another guy to help him at about 1 o'clock). Our telephone guy showed up; our IT guy showed up, two movers showed up; 1 guy showed up to move our Copier/Printer/FAX machine (allegedly if we moved it ourselves it would void the warranty); two guys showed up to deliver two file cabinets. OH, LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE PIZZA GUY! He showed up too. I think that is it. Pretty much a ballet of confusion and decision all wrapped up in one good little package!

I think it is incredible that, at the end of the day, our telephones work, the fax machine works, our computers are up and running, and we can access the Internet and check our e-mails. All is good. Our phone lines were down for about 4 to 5 hours which is CAPITAL A-AWFUL, but there was nothing I could do about that. We were supposed to be down for about 15 minutes...but it is all over with now, and I will be in bed shortly.

I left the office about 6:30, and I am very happy with the move. It is wonderful that we will all be under one roof, and I think the move will make us all less stressed and happier. Our offices now have a much more industrial look than the understated classic look we had before. But, we are on the second floor, kind of at tree level, so that is lovely, AND we had a wonderful breeze blowing through the offices today, it was super sweet! My personal office is about half the size of my former office, but I chose that office based on the fact that I have been cultivating interests that take me out of the office more frequently, and I am not planning my life around sitting at my desk anymore. SO, I am perfectly happy with the new situation, and it is a wonderful place to be in. I am the luckiest man in the world! Thank you very much.

Jody had bratwurst and twice-baked potatoes ready when I got home, and it was a delicious dinner. I will be heading back into town tomorrow, I have a 10:30 appointment with some wonderful clients. Then it will be back home, and probably pick Jody up so we can go to Georgetown to move our Collector's Market goods to another space in the store. Maybe next week I will get a rest, MAYBE.

It is supposed to rain tonight, and a cold front is coming in. GET THIS...the low tomorrow night is expected to be (last time I heard) about 38 degrees and there is a possibility of a freeze in the Hill Country. I would not be surprised if we got a light freeze out here, as crazy as that seems. It has been pretty nice weather here the past week, but the clouds that you see in this photo seem to be a sneak-peek at things to come.

FINITO!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHANGES!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment