Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2010 - Day Sixty Two...

Busy, busy, busy day, and what a glorious day it has been in central Texas today. The day started out with, what is left of the full moon. When the moon was actually full, there were too many clouds to actually bask in its' glory. BUT, the past morning or two have been very nice and bright when I am out getting the paper. Unfortunately, the moon phase is waning, and it may well be dark as pitch when I go out for the paper in the morning.

We interviewed more people today, made a decision, now we have to contact the applicants that did not make our cut and inform them. That is always a difficult challenge, but one that must be done. We are very happy with the candidate we chose, and she is scheduled to begin tomorrow. We want her to have as much time with our current assistant as possible, so that will work out very nicely. After a few interviews this morning, Carrie and I had lunch with a wonderful woman (Deb) who is considering her return to real estate, and asked to meet with us about affiliation. We all had a very nice lunch at El Mercado, and she is a fascinating woman. She would be a great addition to our agency, and we look forward to more talks with her.

This afternoon, we spent more time on the new lease we are jumping off the cliff into. I am really confident that it will be a great move for us, and it will put all of us under one roof. That is worth it all for me. It has not been easy for all of us to work as a cohesive unit with the two separate offices, so this move will bring the unity back to our office, in my opinion. We shall see.

Met with a great client this afternoon, and got some details worked out for his purchase of a very nice home. All is good on that front, and progress is being made. I left the office about 4:15 and made lots of return phone calls during the drive home. Talking on the phone while driving down IH-35 sure seems to make the drive time go by quickly. I also had to stop by the Williamson County Democratic Headquarters and drop off some paperwork. Then, as long as I was right there, I went to Lamme's Candies and picked Jody up several dark chocolate delights. I really think it is ironic that the Lamme's Candy Shop IS RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Jenny Craig diet place. I commented on that when I went in the candy shop, and the clerk told me she used to work at both places at the same time for a while. CRAZY!

Tomorrow I have a sales listing appointment at a very nice home...the prospective client was referred to me by another client...I worked with him when he bought in that neighborhood several years ago. What a nice thing to do...I just love referrals, and I really hope I get this listing. It will be a great property to have AND get it under quickly. A very nice place!

ALSO, tomorrow is my meals-on-Wheels day, so that will be good. And I have a lunch appointment. Busy, busy, busy!

Done!

Deeds, Actions, DARK CHOCOLATE, Kindnesses, Changes, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment