Sunday, April 25, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Fifteen...

OMG! What a day. The gardeners showed up before 7:30, but they did not bring any mulch or compost. SO...I made four trips to Home Depot where I got 81 bags of compost, 135 bags of mulch, a set of three funnels (for the bee juice) and one rose bush. The gardeners were using the mulch and compost quicker than I could go and get them. THEN I had the pick-up bed full of weeds, which I took to one of the pastures to dump...and of course, along the way, I got the truck stuck in the mud. That was a bit of a challenge. ANYWAY... They will all be back again next Sunday, but we are having Home Depot deliver three more pallets of mulch and two more pallets of compost. AND we are figuring that will not be enough, so we are probably going to add to the order. Neither one of us knew how much maintenance this house and grounds would take when we bought it. It is still a surprise. We hope that once we get things under control, maintenance will be more reasonable (they said).

Anyway, the cattle also had to be fed, and hay needed to be taken out to them. So, I got that done, and the two newest calfs (born a week apart) are just about as cute as they can be. AND they hang out together, so that is nice. They have someone to play with.

Jody and I took another trip into Georgetown for dinner tonight, and now Jody is out sitting on the porch and I am going to go join him.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MULCH (tomorrow may be compost), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment