Friday, April 23, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Thirteen...

A new day brings new challenges and opportunities. Nothing particularly wonderful has happened today, in fact there have been a few disappointments along the way. I did (I think) get a contract accepted for a couple GREAT clients, and we are still working on getting an Amendment signed by the Seller's of another property that was supposed to close this morning. Still having an issue or two with the lenders, and none of it is the fault of my client the Buyer. Just one of those things that was out of my control. I hate that! But, I think all will be settled eventually and one day in the FAR DISTANT FUTURE we will all look back on these challenges and laugh. What do you think the odds are? We shall see...

Today was the third anniversary of our ACE NUMBER ONE FABULOUS ASSISTANT TOM. It has been a quick and busy three years, and we are so delighted that he is working with us. He a a great person to have around the office and we hope he will be with us for a really long time to come.

We are still getting the office organized, and one of the things that Tom and Karla accomplished today was getting our signage remounted. We had intended to have the logo mounted on plexi-glass but I thought it would be interesting to just mount it to one of the pieces of glass when you come in the doors. It did not really take a lot of convincing, but there was some hesitation at first. BUT, once it was up, I think everyone is happy with it. I think it looks great!

The afternoon ended with me taking care of some errands that I needed to finish, and heading for the house early. I am looking forward to a nice weekend, and there is a possibility that Jody and I may head out to see if we can find any luscious wildflower areas. It has been reported that there are great views between Lockhart and Gonzales, so we may try that.

Once I was home, I became very brave and went out to check on the hives and put on my bee suit since I was going to invade their territory. All the hives are doing nicely, and all the queens were out of their queen cages, so all is well. There is lots of activity, and it was indeed a good thing that I put on my suit, otherwise I would most likely have been another statistic. But, I am also glad that I 'cowboyed-up' and did what I needed to do, AND I did it all by myself! I did not bother to start the smoker, and as it turned out, I did not need it. I may actually be able to do this beekeeping thing! The jury is still out!

While I was out tending to the bees, it started to rain, and that really did not bother me, in fact I was hoping it would keep the bees from being too aggressive. ANYWAY, in the matter of about twenty or thirty minutes, we got almost a half-inch of rain. I would really like about ten days of bright sunshine so the grasses in the pastures would grow and we would be able to cut and bale some hay. I would really like to get three cuttings this year.

We took off for the Filling Station Restaurant tonight, and I was trying to cut back on my intake of fried foods, so I ordered macaroni & cheese as opposed to french fries, and I mistakenly ordered grilled shrimp instead of fried shrimp. I was beginning to protest but Jody said that I had ordered the grilled shrimp, so I beat a hasty retreat in the complaining. It was good, but not as good as the fried shrimp.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment