Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Two...

Today is a beautiful day here in Austin, but this morning was totally weird. It was tremendously foggy, probably the thickest fog I have ever driven in. It was so thick... (How thick was it?)... that I felt dizzy driving through it. I could not see (really) out the windows of the car. It was like I was immersed in a fog machine. It was crazy! But now, it is absolutely gorgeous. The fog lasted for about the first eleven miles of my drive, and as it usually does, it lifted at about the time I was approaching IH-35. CRAZY!

I went to Freddie's for lunch today, it was nice to sit outdoors, although it is a little bit chilly still. I had my usual (a club sandwich) and sweet potato fries. Very tasty. AND, I have chicken envy every time I go to Freddie's...they have the jumbo sized chicken perched up in an old oak tree...I could only get the medium sized chicken in my car the day I bought one. Pity!

I will be teaching a class tomorrow, and I am looking forward to that. Actually, I am teaching two three hour classes, and I really enjoy the subject matter. It should be a fun day of teaching, and a nice break from the office.

Lucky me! I got away from the office about 3:30, and had an enjoyable ride home. I am listening to a new book on CD, which is a compilation of articles that were originally published in the New York Magazine. So far I am not crazy about this book, but sometimes it takes me a couple CD's to get into the book. SO far, I have not been totally disgusted with any of the books I have listened to so much that I just sent them back. I have listened to all of them all the way through. I still think I need to sign up for some happier books, though!

I got home and painted on the brood chambers some more. I have one more coat of paint to put on one side of the brood chambers, and then I will be done. I am also just about finished putting the bees wax into the frames for the brood chambers, and when I get those two things done, I will be ready for the bees. BRING ON THE BEES!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, Actions, BEES WAX, Kindnesses, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment