Thursday, November 4, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Eight...

Twenty five years and (about) two weeks ago, I moved to Austin, Texas from New Orleans. In that time I have been back (maybe) five times. New Orleans is a wonderful city, but it was just not for me. I am a country boy kind of person, and there is nothing very 'country' about New Orleans. I did not realize it then, and that may not even be the real reason, but it is the best I can come up with. I landed in New Orleans and got to the Hotel at about 2 o'clock this afternoon. In that time, I have gone and registered for the convention, walked back to the hotel, walked a little ways into the French Quarter to the hotel I used to work at and back. I have forgotten a lot about New Orleans since I have been gone; I lived here on two different occasions, but only for a combined period of about four years. I will share some of my recovered memories in the next three days. FYI, this is the view out my window in the Hotel.

Jody got four eggs today, so that is great. It is supposed to be pretty darn chilly in Texas tonight, and it is going to be about 44 degrees here. It is REALLY windy here, and that was fun. Very pleasant.

Tomorrow will be a really busy day of meetings and seminars. I always learn a lot when I attend these conventions.

Now, I am tired and going to call it an early night!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LUCKY DOGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment