Friday, November 19, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Twenty Three...

Today was another busy day at the office (I guess office days are supposed to be busy) but there were lots of accomplishments, and I am in really good shape for the weekend. We had our property management meeting today (generally held on Thursday) and then I had lunch with very good friends and clients Virginia and Bryan. This is a photo of their home, and I had not been there since they moved in a few months ago. They have decorated it wonderfully, and they are very happy, and I am happy for them. We had a terrific lunch, and it was fun to visit with them and they are easy to laugh with. There were lots of stories going back and forth, and I think we all had a fun time.

After that, Tom and I went to north Austin to visit with a former client. They are considering putting their property back on the lease/management market, and we did a property survey and talked about the market in general. On the way to that appointment, we were going down MoPac, and there was an SUV (I think) upside down on the shoulder of the road. Not sure how that happened, but it looked like it happened and then the SUV slid (while it was upside down) for quite a ways. It was very interesting to see. I did not have my camera ready in time, but it would have been a good picture. I asked Tom how he thought those kinds of wrecks (it looked like there were no other vehicles involved) happened, and I decided it was caused by texting. Tom volunteered that it could also happen when other drivers were trying to take photographs of other wrecks while they were driving down MoPac at 75 miles per hour. I will have to think about that one.

When we left the appointment, we came to a traffic light and I saw this giant Oak Farms cow in the parking lot of a Walgreen's. I think I need that cow, just not sure how I can get it in the back of the car. I have had a lot of cargo in that little car, but I am still not sure how I could get that back to the house. There has to be a way!

Tomorrow will be the preview reception for the Austin Empty Bowl Project. If you do not know about this very worthwhile event, you really need to do an Internet search and come out on Sunday to get a few handmade pieces of art, some gourmet soup and bread, and just have an overall good time. We need and appreciate your support!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BIG GIANT COWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment