Monday, November 29, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirty Three...

Back to work this morning and life remains good! No real traumas or tragedies, so that (I believe) says something about our business. It can run in spite of us all being away for four or five days.

Last night I took a few photos of some of the things happening around the place, and this photo is of the morning glories, they may be down but they are not out. We had pretty clear skies today with high temperatures near 80 degrees, but there is another cold front supposedly coming in tonight, and the temperature on Wednesday morning is supposed to be in the lower 30's. That means the temperature here will be in the 20's. We will see how the plants do after that, but it is inevitable that everything will die off and come back in the spring.

Spring is a wonderful season around here, particularly at this property. Since the property was n Iris farm in a previous life, there are lots of interesting plantings around. Even though we are going to downsize the plantings, there will still be lots of wonderful sights for many years to come. This is a photo of an Iris that is kind of confused about the season, and it is a lovely yellow with markings very similar to an orchid. I got too close for the real details to be evident, but I think you can get the general idea of this beauty.

I stayed pretty much in the office all morning, and left to go to a meeting about 1:15. En route, I stopped and got gas, and I think my car has pretty much overcome whatever it did not like about its service call last Friday. My mileage is back up to acceptable levels, and my odometer clicked over to 120,000 miles on the way back to the office. How dangerous do you think it is for me to be taking photos while travelling down MoPac at about 65 miles per hour? Not sure...

Jody got five eggs from the girls this afternoon, and they were all happy to see me when I went out there and fed them after I got home. I will go out and put them to bed in just a little while. Jody is fixing turkey, spinach and salad for dinner tonight. YUM! I am not shy about leftovers, happy (and thankful) to have them! I am not sure they are leftovers, though. We shall see.

Tomorrow will be a day of mostly office, nothing planned at this time.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SPRING BLOOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment