Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirty Four...

Alright (I am still on the alright schtick instead of okay), today is kind of a big deal to me...a momentous occasion...kind of like saying that I am a legend in my own time...but whatever. Today marks the 700th entry I have made to this on-line journal, nee blog. Seven Hundred Days of entries without missing a single day. There was really only one day that I ALMOST (but that only counts in horse shoes) forgot to make my entry, but I didn't, so there! I am baffled that I have kept this thing going, and I am even more baffled of the people who say things to me that they could only know because of these entries. It has been fun, and it will be interesting to see how long I can keep it going. You never can tell, it may be the only thing that survives the next melt-down, and that would really make us all look pathetic! SCARY!

Alright, I pretty much stayed in the office all day today except for about 30 minutes around lunch-time when I went to the office supply store. I left the office about 2:45 and went to St. David's Rehab Hospital on 32nd Street. A friend of mine (Deb) was in a really bad car accident before Thanksgiving; she and a colleague were driving back from Marble Falls and the driver of an on-coming truck had a seizure, was unconscious, and hit them head-on. Deb sustained some broken bones and bruises, but is doing much better than her colleague, but both are making good progress. ANYWAY, I went to visit Deb this afternoon on my way home, and I was very happy to see she is doing very well. A friend and colleague of both of ours (Sally) was also there, and we all enjoyed a very nice visit. She (Deb) has a great attitude, and is keeping everything in perspective. She is also doing some work from her hospital bed! She expects to be in the hospital for another few days, and then home for more rehab.

Made it home with no trouble, went out and fed the girls, and Jody reported that he retrieved five eggs this afternoon. Not too bad! I realize that I have been lax (not the airport) in providing you with chicken photos, so this is an interesting one I took this afternoon. I like it a lot!

Tomorrow I will have about three meetings, so it will be a busy day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment